I don't get the pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
vurbano said:
Why do you taunt all of these past loyal cusomers of many years? Is this the result of D* indoctrination? Do you not have any feelings?:rolleyes:

so that is the reason i have a chip implanted in my neck.:eek:

wait, i think a message from the supreme satmaster is coming in now....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Update.....

So I come home today and I have no TV... My current contract was up in late April which is when then told my my service would be canceled...

So I call and they transfer me to the sweetest lady I have evey dealt with at Directv.

She asked why I had deceided to cancel?
I explained that I didn't want to renew for 2 years because I didn't want to miss out on any new customer only options for the HD DVR because it was so expensive.

She stated that they are always willing to work with current customers and that they didn't want to lose customers just to get the new deals.

So long story short, she credited me $165 over the next 3 months if I wanted to go with the HD DVR at 399, which I decieded to do! They are coming soon to install the new DVR and the new Mpeg4 dish.

Ryu said:
Update.....

So I come home today and I have no TV... My current contract was up in late April which is when then told my my service would be canceled...

So I call and they transfer me to the sweetest lady I have evey dealt with at Directv.

She asked why I had deceided to cancel?
I explained that I didn't want to renew for 2 years because I didn't want to miss out on any new customer only options for the HD DVR because it was so expensive.

She stated that they are always willing to work with current customers and that they didn't want to lose customers just to get the new deals.

So long story short, she credited me $165 over the next 3 months if I wanted to go with the HD DVR at 399, which I decieded to do! They are coming soon to install the new DVR and the new Mpeg4 dish.

Sounds like they hooked you. They would not turn off your service at the end of your contract. It would go month to month.

So, you are going to pay $399 now and they are going to give you a non mpeg4 HD DVR and an mpeg4 dish and then credit you $55 per month for the next three months? To be honest with you I would not recommend getting the current HD DVR under the lease program because when you do want the mpeg4 HD content you are going to have to pay another upgrade fee. You cannot get local HD channels with the current HD DVR.

Didn't you buy an SD DVR from NewEgg?

This is the reason I has D* GIVE me as mush equipment as I could before the lease deal started!!! The only reciever I will even Consider adding will be the Mpeg4 HD DVR and ONLY if the deal gets ALOT better then it is right now.

I will not pay 500 bucks to lease a IRD. But by the time It rolls out I will be in the window for another FREE RECIVER (one per year) so I do not see myself paying anything for the unit. The 2 year deal does not bother me at all. My only question will be the lease fee/"protection plan" coverage.

dragon002 said:
prove he will have to pay another fee, I WANT A LEGIT SOURCE.

Prove he wont. Go ahead. Come on sport. You can do it. If you work for Directv you know. Lets see it. Post a document or something. I dare you. Double dog dare you. Don't wait to answer until the mpeg4 units come out either. Show me. Do it.

pounce said:
Prove he wont. Go ahead. Come on sport. You can do it. If you work for Directv you know. Lets see it. Post a document or something. I dare you. Double dog dare you. Don't wait to answer until the mpeg4 units come out either. Show me. Do it.

nope,

YOU made the statement, PROVE IT!

Yes I did buy a standard DVR, but it's for another TV

yeah $165 isn't a ton, but when I sell my H10 for 100 on ebay, effectively I got a HD DVR for $134, which isn't bad. Even if it costs me my $100 to upgrade down the road, that’s fine too. Also, I don't care about mpeg4 locals, I get them over the air which is just fine by me.

Just so you know, you can't sell that H10 you bought at newegg on ebay. . .if you do, its basically selling "stolen" paid for equipment lol lol.

Is my R10 mine?

I presently have no commitment on my account. I purchased an R10 from a local retailer on Feb. 28. If I activate it as a replacement receiver for a DSR 7000 will I have to committ? If I send in the rebate will the unit then belong to D*? Will the rebate make me have a 2 yr. commitment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)