I Don't get this ad for NFL Redzone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

isaacmorseMI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2009
Southwest Michigan
I found this on my bill. Is there really a sneak peek of redZone on 155? See attached picture.

Attachments

• rz.JPG
    rz.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 376
If you see the slide on 155, you are already ready to get Red Zone. Now you just have to decide if you want to pay the $7.....

If I remember correctly, the RedZone channel was free during Week 1 of the NFL regular season last year.

Seems to me the concept of RZ implies it's only going to be active during actual real-time games -- could this account for the seeming non-preview?

The RedZone Channel is only in existence on

Sunday AFTERNOON games (before 7:30pm ET)
during the REGULAR SEASON.

No preseason.
No Monday night
no Sunday night
No Thursday Night
No Saturday afternoon (late season)

It goes on the air on Sunday morning with talk and even some fantasy football. It is off the air by 7:30pm (ET) IICR so it does not compete with the Sunday night show. Itpicks and chooses games throughout the day showing the game live. Whenever a team enters the red zone (within the 20 yd line for the uninitiated) they switch to that game until the team scores or they lose possession. If more than one team is threatening they split screen some times three and four ways. They highlight plays throughout the day too.
The RedZone channel will be available to EVERYONE who can see the slate on channel 155 on week 1 of the regular season. After that, if you want to see it for the remaining 16 weeks, you gotta pay $7/mo for the sports pack. If I wasn't at the stadium 8 of the 17 weeks, I would get the channel myself.

The RedZone Channel is only in existence on

Sunday AFTERNOON games (before 7:30pm ET)
during the REGULAR SEASON.

No preseason.
No Monday night
no Sunday night
No Thursday Night
No Saturday afternoon (late season)

It goes on the air on Sunday morning with talk and even some fantasy football. It is off the air by 7:30pm (ET) IICR so it does not compete with the Sunday night show. Itpicks and chooses games throughout the day showing the game live. Whenever a team enters the red zone (within the 20 yd line for the uninitiated) they switch to that game until the team scores or they lose possession. If more than one team is threatening they split screen some times three and four ways. They highlight plays throughout the day too.
The RedZone channel will be available to EVERYONE who can see the slate on channel 155 on week 1 of the regular season. After that, if you want to see it for the remaining 16 weeks, you gotta pay $7/mo for the sports pack. If I wasn't at the stadium 8 of the 17 weeks, I would get the channel myself.

FYI, there is no more Saturday Afternoon NFL games in the late season. The NFL Network Thursday Night package replaced that.

Also, RedZone never shows any commercials, and they show every touchdown from every game. I also agree that the channel is pretty sweet, and definitely worth the cost.

And how long before most people realize that the REDZONE is another way to raise revenue without offering anything? If the NFL is THAT important to you , go to Direct .If the price is too high , switch over to ESPN or any game that is on to get scores . Do you really care to see a touchdown scored after you already know the score . The REDZONE is a joke . And for $ 7.00 a month ? LOL . Another excellent idea by Ergen .:D I can catch up on everything later anyway . OR I can get Direct if I want to see the touchdowns of any team .

And how long before most people realize that the REDZONE is another way to raise revenue without offering anything? If the NFL is THAT important to you , go to Direct .If the price is too high , switch over to ESPN or any game that is on to get scores . Do you really care to see a touchdown scored after you already know the score . The REDZONE is a joke . And for $ 7.00 a month ? LOL . Another excellent idea by Ergen .:D I can catch up on everything later anyway . OR I can get Direct if I want to see the touchdowns of any team .

I agree but to each his own. I like football, when the Pats are winning, but I'm not a die hard football fan so I really don't care. But again for those that are this seems like a good deal.
If there was a similar channel for baseball now I would sit up and listen, I'm not switching to Direct just for the MLB network, there is enough baseball on Dish, for the time I have to watch it...

Ross

This channel is perfect for a LOT of people. I love the Bears and live in an area where they are on my local FOX station in which I watch the whole game on there. When the game is over I don't want to sit through just one game of teams I don't care about. I go to the Redzone channel and get to catch parts from every game and see how my fantasy football players are doing. I think it's perfect and you don't have to spend a ton of money to get it.

The scoring you see on Redzone is almost entirely LIVE. You can't possibly know the score before it happens. The $7 is not for Redzone alone. You also get the entire Multisport package and that is great for college football. Ergen didn't dream this up, NFL did, and the channel is also available on several cable systems. You also get to see a lot more than just touchdowns. You get every team in the red zone (that's from the 20 yard line to the goal line :)) all the way to a score, or not. Either you haven't watched the Redzone channel or you have an axe to grind. Many of us love it.....

I'm not sure I see any reason for people to hate it other than if they don't like football. It's a great channel for people who love football and if you don't, you don't have to pay for it. It's amazing how people are given the choice, yet still complain.

Now only if they came out with an equivalent that would show the game for the other 60 yards... and it only cost $7 a month. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts