Directv A&E opt in or out

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
Has anyone heard anything about Directv taking A&E History and Lifetime movies off channel line up unless you opt in to keep?
I’ve seen a A&E charge $0.00 on bill twice. Now there is a small link on bottom of bill saying 12/8 they will be removed unless I opt to keep free. I select to keep but a error message came up then when I tried to exit it said your channels will Be removed. I can’t get it to opt to keep.

Attachments

• 794AE973-CA5B-4850-93A4-D89F6F176FDA.jpeg
    794AE973-CA5B-4850-93A4-D89F6F176FDA.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 702
  • 7930173F-DF89-4458-9F47-3D8654830B77.jpeg
    7930173F-DF89-4458-9F47-3D8654830B77.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 22,933
I need to read the fine print more lol

I went to the website and it says we identified you as someone who wants to keep channels!

i signed in and got this message....

GOOD NEWS!
You’ve already been identified as someone who wants to keep your channel(s), so we’ll make sure it stays in your TV package. Please close this browser and no further action is necessary.

Reactions: dtv757
Yea thats what I saw

I wonder if they can tell if you have watched or dvr a something from that channel

I had A&E $0.00 pop on my acct several times last two months. But when I went to site it ask me to choose. Wouldn’t let me choose keep. But when I went to exit site it said you chose to opt out.
Called Directv they said they were able to choose to keep and said I was identified as someone to keep the channels.
They said if the channels go off you have the option to go to site and add back all the way to June of 2022.
Now on my acct I’m seeing appreciation pack $0.00 on my acct. I’m constantly getting free $0.00 complimentary charge channels added. I’ve got the entertainment package and have been given over 20 channels added over last two years.

This is an odd way to cut programming costs. A&E lost much of their negotiating power when the cancelled Live PD, it was highly watched. They did this with Nick Jr. years ago, stopped offering for new customers, removed from packages unless someone opted-in to keep the channel, and simply saved money.

Sad to say this may become more frequent as DirecTV looks to control costs. A little alarming when they start hacking 4 channels at a time.

Was going thru my channels tonight just to see if any additions since I’m now showing the Appreciation pack charge. $0.00
Notice that the following channels have been added to my Entertainment package
Taste
Logo
Nick toons
Bet Her
MTV Classic
Uptv
BBC World
Cheddar

I’ve been added the following complimentary channels over last couple years
ESPNews
ESPN U
NFL Network
Golf
Cooking
Game show network
Own
Pop
Ovation
Travel
Fox sports 2
Tv one
IFC
Awe

Big 10
TVG
Bally Sports south with no rsn fee
NXT
There may be some I missed.

Yea thats what I saw

I wonder if they can tell if you have watched or dvr a something from that channel
ofcourse they can. most cable and sat providers monitor veiwing habbits and move popular channels to higher packages to get people to pay more. i am sure the content owners are spying on people to...

Reactions: dtv757
This has nothing to do with usage. Four channels were removed from Select and Entertainment going forward. Existing customers can be grandfathered on request. When the transition period is over, new Entertainment Package customers will no longer receive the four A&E channels, period.

Reactions: NashGuy