I don't mean to be redundant

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
and if what I am asking is on another post, please lead me there.

I have a VIP 622. I would like to mirror TV1, which has the HD signal, to a TV I use outside to watch under our short summer season. This would then allow me to watch the HD content. And yes, I have already ordered another UHF remote.

Can I simply split the TV1 line coming into the back of the 622, then string coax outside to the patio?

Thanking you in advance.

Terminology issue here... You can split the coax going OUT of your 622 all you want.

Remember that all five TV1 outputs (HDMI (HD), Component (HD), S-Video (SD), Composite (SD), and RF (SD)) work simultaneously so you can use a different output too. You get the HD channels out of the SD outputs, just not in HD.

You can't split the line coning from the dish to the receiver. :)

See ya
Tony

+1
You can mirror the content with coax but it will not be HD. Only component or HDMI connections will provide HD content to a HD television.

Last edited:
Here's an easy way.

Go to menu 6, 1, 5 and then turn on TV1 modulator. Its all the way to the left and is usually greyed out with number 62 in it. Turn it on to either air, or cable, depending on what the one for TV2 says.

Then, split the line for TV2 and run a coax to your patio TV. Then just tune your patio TV to whatever channel you set on the menu for TV1.

This will also allow you to get the TV2 feed at the patio as well so you can watch a different channel than TV1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts