I don't understand why Denver wants to to get rid of Cutler

And along those same lines, I think Cutler is deliberately exacerbating the situation to get out of Denver. The offense is changing with the new coaching staff coming in, it's not going to be the team he's settled into the last couple years and it's clear there's something he doesn't like (and may not be limited to just his head coach). He feels he can do better for his career elsewhere so in the off season of 'chemistry matters' (thanks Cowboys) he's using his bullheadedness to head but his way out of Denver. There's as much uncertainty (personally) IMO if he stays than if he goes.

I can see why Denver would want to keep him though and smooth things over, he's a consistant and not very bad arm at the QB position, that they can build around and depend on to be there if they can get through this. They could do much worse and at the same time much better, but it's just so risky to make a change when one should not have been needed.

I look forward to seeing what Cassel can do in KC... it may take time for Pioli to get the pieces in place for him to be successful but I think it will pay dividends.

local ESPN radio was fixated on KC trading Cassel to Denver for some reason (no way) and to a lesser extend a package that would bring Peppers and Delhomme to Denver in exchange for Cutler + stuff.

I believe it's confirmed the Lions were in discussions and that Tampa was a contender.

it would be good for the Browns.

How are you so sure about that? Look, I'm all about doing whatever possible to improve this team, but I don't think it would happen because.......

Quinn has played exactly 2.5 professional games. I tend to think the verdict is still out on him.

Plus, Cutler has developed the reputation of being a "cry baby." New Browns Coach, Eric Mangini wouldn't stand for that. He wants a head strong QB to lead the team, someone who is able to command the huddle and has strong leadership skills. Quinn excels in those areas. They've already invested in Quinn's development, they might as well see what they have in him before trading him away.

How? Are you serious??? Quinn wasnt even "great" in College. No one knows if he can even play in the NFL let alone start. Cutler on the other hand has over 9K passing yards and a pro bowl.:rolleyes:

Again, the verdict is still out on Quinn. In all fairness he played in 2.5 pro games. No one knows what he's capable on this level.

No it don't. Brady would have a found a way to get them into the playoffs. But 11 wins, was still pretty impressive for a kid who had not started since high school. Or maybe it was a hell of a coaching job. Probably both. The fact remains that nobody is irreplaceable. The league just goes on, no matter who is in the jerseys.

That's why the next CBA is going to give a little more the players...

Denver's collapse in the last month of the season shows that Cutler can't carry the team on his back. The new coach is correct in re-examining every aspect of the team, starting with the skill positions.

If Cutler can't accept that he's just a piece of the puzzle in Denver, then his agent should shop him around the league. Looks like KC was in the market for a QB, and chose Cassel over Cutler.

That should teach him some humility, but probably won't.

Denver's collapse in the last month of the season shows that Cutler can't carry the team on his back. The new coach is correct in re-examining every aspect of the team, starting with the skill positions.

If Cutler can't accept that he's just a piece of the puzzle in Denver, then his agent should shop him around the league. Looks like KC was in the market for a QB, and chose Cassel over Cutler.

Denver wasn't trading Cutler to KC

Denver won't have any shortage of suitors for this trade. We got three teams right here in the "black and blue" division that need a QB. That's just for starters. Teams that need a QB of his caliber far out number those that actually have one that good. I'm interested to see what the final price will be.

Excuse me? They had no defense, and 7- count them 7- starting running backs go down during the season, those factors are pretty hard to overcome. He can't DO IT ALL - but he tried...for them to finish 8-8 was pretty good.

Cutler doesn't play defense.

During their 3 game choke, they scored 54 points. That's not a great number, but that's just 2 points more than the 52 points they gave up in the game they had to win to make it into the playoffs. A game where they also scored 21.

Cutler isn't a bad QB, it's just a bad situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)