I Finally Did It!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chilehound

Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Will be getting the Dish hooked up Thursday afternoon. Upgrading to HD DVR receiver and I dont even have the HD television yet! :eek: Goodbye Charter!!!

Welcome to the Dishnetwork guinnea pig testing pool of subscribers. You will soon learn the joys of mpeg 4 and all the motion artifacts that come with it . NOT to mention the 622 and all its wonderfull software bugs. I hope you have patience, because if you ever prayed for it , you will surely be tested in the coming months.

Seriously, it isn't that bad but you will have to have patience as Dish is not perfect. But you picked the site that will help you and give you a place to vent your issues to Dish, who reads them here on this site.

Hmmmm, no hd tv yet, just as a warning some techs wont install a system without the hd tv there as they need to verify that the hd receiver is functioning properly, dish has made a blind atempt to make techs accountable for their work and in the process of doing this failed to take into account situations such as this one when you call back 5 days after you got installed and you cant get the new tv you purchased to work with the receiver.

Yeah really you better go out and get you TV before the installer shows up.. :)

Yep. Call in sick tomorrow and go TV shopping!
ban_dance01.gif

You guys talked me into it! Went to Sams Club last night to get the 37" HD and the Mrs talked me into the 42" plasma!!!:eek: Sorry guys she's already taken!:D

She's a good woman. Better keep her.

I was at Sam's the other day, they have a lot of TV's. Most of them had excellent pictures, a couple had very good pictures, just not as good as most. Recommend you check the spec's - like 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p to see if it's HDTV, EDTV, etc..., and also the connection(s) that you may desire to use with your set.

I started with HD without an HD TV also. I eventually bought a Sony CRT projector on eBay. My total HD outlay for my 7 foot picture on the wall is less than $1000.

Van said:
Hmmmm, no hd tv yet, just as a warning some techs wont install a system without the hd tv there as they need to verify that the hd receiver is functioning properly, dish has made a blind atempt to make techs accountable for their work and in the process of doing this failed to take into account situations such as this one when you call back 5 days after you got installed and you cant get the new tv you purchased to work with the receiver.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You got to be kidding me! Mine hooked up the coax output and said that he's not gonna touch any of the other outputs, because it's "Up To Me" to play with that! He didn't even give a damn about the HD part working or not!

Congrats on leaving Charter -- they blow chuncks in my neighborhood, too.

And, enjoy your plasma.

You'll find the customer support from Dish superior to Charter, the HD-DVR is better build quality, the software is faster and locks up much more infrequently, the programming guide is more attractive and more functional, the picture quality is better (especially on SD content) and, of course, you'll have greater depth and breadth of HD content to watch on that glorious HD set you just bought.

Whatever bugs the Dish equipment may have, it pales compared to the craptacular equipment Charter expects its customers to accept.

I've had Dish for 6 years. They ain't perfect, but what is?

Enjoy your HD home theater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts