I finally heard back from emailing Dish CEO

I'm honestly not even upset with them over this, I understand they only have one installer. I jsut won't have intertech here. If it's my only choice, then it won't get fixed...

I'd have a hard time thinking this if it were me. Ultimately it E*'s responsiblility no matter who does the install. E* contracted them.

I'd have a hard time thinking this if it were me. Ultimately it E*'s responsiblility no matter who does the install. E* contracted them.

Good in theory, but there's only two things E* can do to a subcontractor that won't play nice with them. Revoke their license or cut off their purchases/payments. If the retailer does other businesses aside from DISH, and most do, then that usually isn't enough to kill their company. So they feel they can do whatever they please in some cases.

*SHAMELESS VENT*

It also doesn't help that Charlie spouts off "We wouldn't be here without our retailers. God bless our retailers. Retailers got us where we are blah blah blah...." because unfortunately, the reality is E* is its own entity and most retailers buy Charlie's lip service. How many times a week can you listen to "I've been a retailer since 1998 and I was the 20th retailer and Charlie breathed the same air I did once!" like it should count for something. You should try explaining something to those guys and all you hear for half an hour is "But Charlie said on the last Charlie Chat..." or "But I yelled my question at Charlie from ten feet away during Team Summit 2007 and he nodded in my general direction!!!"

I hate to tell everyone, but "Charlie said so!" doesn't mean a damned thing unless Charlie is standing right there and says "You know, I did say that, go ahead..." Because aside from that, he says a great deal of things and makes a lot of promises at CES, TS, Tech Expo, etc; and then once back in Englewood gives contradictory initiatives to his employees. And I won't EVEN get started on preferential treatment between retailers/subs and distributors.

*END SHAMELESS VENT*

Well I'm PM him someone to contact that could help him so I think it will work out.

Poke - I spoke with the person you told me to speak with. I'm pretty much stuck in a rut, he told me there was no other choice but the already mentioned one. He explained why, and apologized. I do understand what he's saying. But I'm not really happy with it. He asked me to allow them to come out. So, they're to come out on Monday to fix the problem. I had no other choice, since I hate the local cable company. And Directv, doesn't offer locals in my area.

I really like Dish, the service, and the quality I get. Just not the installer. But as I informed the rep, I have an ounce of problems with I on Monday. That's it. He agreed that something would absolutely be done if we had any problems Monday. I also told him, if it was the same guy that came out a couple weeks ago. He'd might as well just drive on by, because he won't be stopping at my house.

Yeah do you only have one installer company in your area?? Anyway let us know how it goes and you might ask my contact if you can get some kind of credit on your next bill due to all of the issues you have had. Again let us know how it goes. :)

Okay, I doubt that you will get any response from that email to the ceo@echostar.com . I suggest that you try Directv . They even have a bigger dish with upto 5 lnbs to coordinate. Also 2 lines to every dvr . Imagine the fun of that install.

Funny you shoudl say that because as I was reading through his story, I realized that her story is almost EXACTLY what happened to me when I tried to get Direct transferred from my apartment to my new house. That's why I'm with Dish now.

I haven't finished reading through the thread, but I'd be willing to bet that if you (the original poster) would check with some of the local retailers, you could find someone yourself that could do the install. I know I did find a local installer here in my area that actually does Dish and Direct, but funny...he's not one of the ones on contract with Dish, so they send someone from a town an hour away. And since he does Direct as well, obviously Direct does the same thing...send someone an hour away...since he was not sent to do my transfer.

Last edited:
I actually wanted to do what the previous poster mentions. I found a guy that does Dish installs and DirecTV installs (and antenna installs) and I've seen his work and it is WORLDS better than anything Intertech has done here (yeah, we have Intertech in WNY as well).

The guy I WANT to use flat out tells me he can't. That this is basically Intertech's account and the only way he can come and redo anything that need redoing, is for me to cancel my Dish service and restart it as like.... Apartment1 under one of my kid' names or something.

When I first got Dish *I* did the install. The only thing Intertech has done is upgrade receivers when I called Dish for service upgrades. And they took down my original dish and replaced it with a Dish500 when the upgrade required that, but they used MY original mounting and only changed the dish and LNbs..... so how is this Intertech's account if I did the original install?

Anyways..... I think you should be able to use whoever you want as long as they're Dish qualified for installs. This particular situation kinda sticks in my craw.

Customer service is an area where I tend to be involved in. One of Dish Networks Largest issues is (and I find often in other companies) is an inability to easily track customer communications. It requires too much effort for service agents to review customer history. Thus the worst agents never even try to review history. The average agents may if you press them. And the best agents give up because it is impossible to figure out what happened before.

So then everytime you contact them you get to re-hash exactly what you rehashed last week when you called them. What they should be doing is tracking customer issues, summarizing them in the system, and tracking their resolution. Then agents are required to review those without resolution or those that were resolved to the customers dis-satisfaction when new calls come in. Those issues being tracked should tie into the call routing system so that after some point the customer doesn't get pushed through the normal shuffle and is automatically pushed up a queue. This should be a queue that assigns a call to a agent, allows the agent to review notes before picking up the call, and then when the agent picks up the call they can be familiar with the customer history and be prepared to speak intelligently to the customer.

One would think that considering Echostar's investment in customer service that they could have such a system. But to be honest, not many companies even attempt such as doing so costs money. And when push comes to shove, spending money for customer service is not the focus of companies that sell services.

My saga ends here - The tech who came out from Intertech today was very professional gentleman. He was actually wonderful. Replaced our LNB, installed a new "switch", repointed our super dish. Our locals have been at 50% strength since it was installed. I was told that's the best they could get. Now it's at 100. Installed a new line from the super dish to my HDTV on outside of the house.

Well glad to hear they did a better job this time. Thats just it some installer do better work than others.

Poke - I appreciate your help. I'm not 100% happy - but when you have no alternatives, what do you do besides take it on the chin.

I am at the end of my rope here...

My wife and I went into our bedroom to watch some tv before bed last night, and the same problems that happened when my whole mess started, were happening again.

So I ran the same tests, and surprise - surprise, my LNB drift is back after six days of being fixed.

I give up, no fight left in me. I'm going to ride out the rest of my contract and switch at the end to either diretv, and live without locals or Atlantic BB, which is expensive beyond belief.

Which receiver do you have? I have 2 622's that have been having problems since they rolled back to L405 again. The first time they sent it out I lost my OTAs completely. This time they are not watchable. I remember a lot of people getting that LNB drift message the last time too.

It is a 622.

The good news, as long as I don't want to watch local channels - I'm okay. The problem is, usually that's what we're watching in the evenings.

Yeah thats weird that it happens when your just on locals. Anyway I had a similar drift error with the 129 LBN. So just called my local installer who the owner I knew well had them replace the LNB fixed the issue. Also if your on a Dish 1000 you might try a Dish 1000.2 see how that goes.

My guess is due to the signal is weaker to my locals than all other channels. My locals' strength on average is about 20 lower than the rest of the channels...

I don't know though, it might just be that's what my wife and I are watching in the bedroom at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts