Forgotten 942 Users?

kesslerm

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
I have leased a DVR 942 receiver for over 2 years. I've been subscribed to the $10 HD pack the whole time. I didn't 'upgrade' to the other HD pack because I wasn't interested in the Voom stations (Having coming from Voom to E*). I do watch ESPNHD and the HDNET stations. My understanding (from reading this blog, and NOT from E*) is that all HD stations will be turned to Mpeg 4 sometime next week. It sounds like that if you subscribe to the Voom stations, you are getting a message about needing to upgrade. I have not seen such a message. I just got the lastest bill, nothing was mentioned in their either. So, will I be missing ESPNHD next week? If so, that WILL be a problem. Is anyone else in that situation?

I have leased a DVR 942 receiver for over 2 years. I've been subscribed to the $10 HD pack the whole time. I didn't 'upgrade' to the other HD pack because I wasn't interested in the Voom stations (Having coming from Voom to E*). I do watch ESPNHD and the HDNET stations. My understanding (from reading this blog, and NOT from E*) is that all HD stations will be turned to Mpeg 4 sometime next week. It sounds like that if you subscribe to the Voom stations, you are getting a message about needing to upgrade. I have not seen such a message. I just got the lastest bill, nothing was mentioned in their either. So, will I be missing ESPNHD next week? If so, that WILL be a problem. Is anyone else in that situation?

You should do some re-reading.... :)

Only the Voom channels will be switched to mpeg4 at this time, not the mpeg2 HD channels you currently get. But you won't be getting the new HD channels coming over the next couple of months or the few mpeg4 HD channels which have been added in the past year..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)