I give HTC's repair service a thumbs down.

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
So I sent my Alltel PPC6800 phone in for repair a little less than 2 weeks ago. Will be 2 weeks tomorrow I think. Anyway, I called in to see what was going on about a week after sending it in. They told me how much it would be to fix it so I told them to go ahead. The problem was the screen had quit working and it also had a problem with the CCD having gone bad in the camera as it had a line through it. The screen also had a spot in it a little lighter than the rest. Not a big deal but I wanted this all fixed while it was in to have the screen repaired where it had quit working. They told me it would be $75 labor plus parts. After they did the estimate they told me $75 was all it would take to repair it. I even called back the day after to confirm that the camera was also being fixed for that price. They told me if I had told them in the letter it would be fixed. So anyway, I got it back today and the screen does power on however, it's still got the circle that's slightly lighter than the rest which like I said above not a huge deal.

Then I go to check out the camera and sure enough this has not been fixed. I went to call them but they are closed for the night. Should they fix it without me paying more this time? It really sucks as I've already gone 2 weeks without a phone and having to share a phone with someone else is a pita. Then if I have to send it in again it will be 2 more weeks. This is crazy. I kind of wanted this thing in 100% working condition again so I could sell it if I decided to do so.

Should I call them again or just leave it and not worry about it and not use the camera since I will actually have a phone at least?

I will also say my phone came back pretty dirty. I can't say I'm happy at all with their customer service nor am I really happy with the products they have put out that I've used.

Wow... I didn't even have insurance with Sprint and my 1.5yr old 6800's keyboard started acting up, went online punched in my stuff, and in 2 days later I had a new Touch Pro for around $50.

Wow... I didn't even have insurance with Sprint and my 1.5yr old 6800's keyboard started acting up, went online punched in my stuff, and in 2 days later I had a new Touch Pro for around $50.

How did you manage that? I didn't have insurance yet. I had added it but had to wait 45 days before it took effect and the screen quit working. I had bought the phone used. Barely used but used so I didn't have a warranty either. They told me to send it in as they couldn't give me a quote unless I did that and it would be $75 labor plus whatever parts were needed. I sent it in and they told me $75 would be all. I even called back to make sure the camera was being fixed too and they told me yes if it was in the note it would be fixed. Sure enough it's not fixed and when I got it today they were closed for the night. I guess I will be calling them tomorrow.

An update is I got a hold of them today and they faxed me a UPS label for me to send it back for them to look at it again. I hope they get it fixed this time as I'm tired of going without a phone.

How did you manage that? I didn't have insurance yet. I had added it but had to wait 45 days before it took effect and the screen quit working. I had bought the phone used. Barely used but used so I didn't have a warranty either. They told me to send it in as they couldn't give me a quote unless I did that and it would be $75 labor plus whatever parts were needed. I sent it in and they told me $75 would be all. I even called back to make sure the camera was being fixed too and they told me yes if it was in the note it would be fixed. Sure enough it's not fixed and when I got it today they were closed for the night. I guess I will be calling them tomorrow.

Sprint had a self service swap webpage so I took advantage of it.

Well, and update. I got it back today. So exactly 7 days after I sent it back in. They paid for shipping both ways this time and the lady told me she would try to get it fixed and back out the same day they got it or the next day at the latest. According to UPS they got it on Thursday at apporx 10am. They mailed it back out Friday according to them. I sent it back in since they hadn't fixed the camera. I also noted that in the first note I had mentioned that the screen had a spot lighter on it when it did work. Just a circle that was lighter. It wasn't a huge deal but it was annoying sometimes and I had mentioned it the first time.

When I got it back to my surprise this time it had what appears to be a new screen. I noticed a piece of plastic over it and it no longer had my screen cover on it so I'm guessing it's new. The lack of a screen cover doesn't bother me at all as I have several more and not sure I really liked it anyway.

The camera also seems to be fixed this time. I haven't hooked it back up to try and make any calls or anything on it yet but so far everything seems fixed.

I have to retract my previous statement about not being happy with them. I can't say I was all that unhappy but can't say I was super happy either. It's been 3 weeks since I originally sent the phone in so I went 3 weeks without a phone. It also took them two tries to get it right. However, they did get it right and took care of it for me when they made the mistake and didn't fix 2 of the things. I would deal with them again if I needed to as they did end up coming through.

Overall I am happy I guess with the final service. At least soo far. Hopefully I don't have anymore issues. I just wish they were faster and had gotten it fixed the first time. They did come through though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts