i got 2 movies that will not play on my PS3

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
i tried to watch get smart and journey to the center of the earth last night and the movies will not play. i put them in and they act like they are loading. after that it just sits there and does nothing. i grabbed just a regular dvd i had and it worked. i have watch several blu-rays, but i don't know why these 2 will not work.

Ditto on that.

I've had rental discs that wouldn't load in my PS3 only to find out the playing surface had stuff like finger print smudges on it. Blu-ray doesn't tolerate disc misuse at all. I usually check any rental disc for tiny scratches and such before even leaving the store because those kinds of problems often lead to a disc never loading at all.

During my most recent visit to our Hollywood Video location I got onto a couple of the counter people a little about how they were handling Blu-ray rental discs. They had a bunch of bare discs stacked on top of each other behind the counter. One store clerk rifled through the stack of discs to find mine and quickly scrubbed the surface of it with a cloth. That store must be spending a lot of money on replacing damaged rental discs and they're one big reason why the discs are getting damaged.

BTW, I rented Get Smart a few weeks ago and it played successfully on my PS3.

I've gotten both Get Smart and Journey in the past month or so from Netflix and they both played fine on my PS3. I always keep a soft, lint-free cotton cloth in my entertainment center to wipe any disks before I put them in my PS3.

ok, they are rentals so i will wipe them clean and try again. thanks.

EDIT: cleaning them off fixed the problem. both movies loaded up fine. it looked like some had taken their tongue and licked them. it was pretty nasty looking.

Last edited:
they have protections from scratches ( they still scratch, just not as much) but from peoples bodily fluids I dont think bluray stands a chance, but then again I am not much of a disc licker :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)