Three Days Grace Bluray?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Anyone seen it? Cant find any reviews on it.

Ive watched NIN's, have Incubus waiting and am starting to get hooked to these music blurays. Very surprising how enjoyable it is and kinda kicking myself for not watching any earlier.

Also, if you have any other music suggestions, fire away :D

Anyone seen it? Cant find any reviews on it.

Ive watched NIN's, have Incubus waiting and am starting to get hooked to these music blurays. Very surprising how enjoyable it is and kinda kicking myself for not watching any earlier.

Also, if you have any other music suggestions, fire away :D

Funny you say that. I have actually found a new appreciation for watching HD music concerts too. Coupled the big screen and advanced audio make for a true life-like concert experience from the comfort of your home. While I haven't seen the one in your title, I did watch NIN last night. My God! I felt like I was actually a part of the crowd. I hope more bands put out concerts on Blu-Ray in the future. I for one will definitely be interested.

Oh yeah, id be just as happy watching a BR concert done right with HD audio as opposed to going to the thing.

Id be in heaven if Metallica made a bluray for their new tour with the new album stuff.

Oh yeah, id be just as happy watching a BR concert done right with HD audio as opposed to going to the thing.

Id be in heaven if Metallica made a bluray for their new tour with the new album stuff.

There's got to be a list of all the music Blu-Ray's out there. This thread would be helpful if we found that out and posted here.....

you can find em on highdefdigest, they just have not reviewed 3 days grace yet. I usually use that site to give me an audio if the music BR is worth it or not, some of them arent because its a crappy master and crappy audio.

Found this review, think Ill get it from Netflix after Incubus is watched.

Blu-ray.com - Three Days Grace - Live At The Palace (Blu-ray) - User Reviews

Movie

: 3.5
b7.jpg
Video

: 4
b8.jpg
Audio

b8.jpg
Extras

: n/a
b0.jpg
Overall

b8.jpg

Three Days Grace - Live at the Palace

The "movie"

Filmed at the Palace in Auburn Hills, MI, the concert features the following songs:

1. Animal I Have Become
2. Pain
3. Just Like You
4. Let It Die
5. Wake Up
6. I Hate Everything About You
7. Rooster
8. Riot
9. Get out Alive
10. Never too Late
11. Scared
12. Gone Forever
13. Home

Interview sections are presented between each song. This is frustrating and an option to view the concert as a whole without interruption (via seamless branching) would have been really nice. Even without seamless branching, I would have preferred to have the interviews as extras rather than included in the main feature.

Video: AVC (if I remember properly)

Picture quality of the concert footage is pretty good with a clear "live" picture giving you a "like I was there" feel. Unexpectedly, the lighting is very bright for a concert (I suspect that the lights were put up specially to shoot this feature avoiding low light situations), this reduces a bit the "light show" part of the concert.

Some footage (backstage, etc) does not share the same picture quality as the concert, which might be due in part by low-light situations and perhaps some content coming from DV cameras.

Audio: PCM 5.1, DD 5.1

Audio quality for the concert footage is really good. The overall sound level during the track seems to be quite high. The sound is clear and representative of the source be not as polished as a studio recording (as expected). Like the video part, audio is not consistent between the interviews and the concert footage.

Summary

This blu-ray is a definitive buy for Three Days Grace fans. This concert could have a great way to introduce the band to new fans but the interview parts remove the fluidity of the concert and makes this feature less enjoyable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)