Show-Off Movies?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
My Panny will be arriving Friday. I want to buy at least one movie to have around to show it off. Looking for suggestions as to best picture, sound secondary. No chick flicks or comedies, please.:D

I would suggest these (from a list found here: The Most Impressive Titles of 2008 | High-Def Digest)

BEST TRANSFER -- NEW RELEASE - Incredible Hulk

Runner Up: No Country for Old Men
Honorable Mention: Doomsday, Enchanted, Eastern Promises, The Fall, I Am Legend, Iron Man, The Orphanage, Rambo, Saawariya, Speed Racer, Sunshine, There Will Be Blood, Transformers, Tropic Thunder, and Wanted

BEST TRANSFER -- RECENT RELEASE (Three years or older) - I Robot

Runner Up: The Ultimate Matrix Collection
Honorable Mention: The 6th Day, Hulk, Kill Bill 1 & 2, Man on Fire, The Mummy Returns, Ocean's Eleven, The Proposition, The Rookie, and U-571

I think I'm going to try Wanted. Might as well get something I have not seen.

To show off blacks you can't get much better than " No Country For Old Men". Word of warning on this one though. Do not show the kids!!

We haven't gotten it on Blu-Ray, but nothing has really been as good as the first HD movie we saw - Transformers.

I didn't see The Dark Knight as a show off movie all that much. The first scene is good cause it's a full frame IMAX action sequence, but the rest of the movie is very dark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts