Show-Off Movies?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
My Panny will be arriving Friday. I want to buy at least one movie to have around to show it off. Looking for suggestions as to best picture, sound secondary. No chick flicks or comedies, please.:D

I would suggest these (from a list found here: The Most Impressive Titles of 2008 | High-Def Digest)

BEST TRANSFER -- NEW RELEASE - Incredible Hulk

Runner Up: No Country for Old Men
Honorable Mention: Doomsday, Enchanted, Eastern Promises, The Fall, I Am Legend, Iron Man, The Orphanage, Rambo, Saawariya, Speed Racer, Sunshine, There Will Be Blood, Transformers, Tropic Thunder, and Wanted

BEST TRANSFER -- RECENT RELEASE (Three years or older) - I Robot

Runner Up: The Ultimate Matrix Collection
Honorable Mention: The 6th Day, Hulk, Kill Bill 1 & 2, Man on Fire, The Mummy Returns, Ocean's Eleven, The Proposition, The Rookie, and U-571

I think I'm going to try Wanted. Might as well get something I have not seen.

To show off blacks you can't get much better than " No Country For Old Men". Word of warning on this one though. Do not show the kids!!

We haven't gotten it on Blu-Ray, but nothing has really been as good as the first HD movie we saw - Transformers.

I didn't see The Dark Knight as a show off movie all that much. The first scene is good cause it's a full frame IMAX action sequence, but the rest of the movie is very dark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)