I got a bright idea this morning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just put the TV and receiver by the kitchen window, climb the stepladder to the woodshed roof and adjust the dish. The remote even works through the glass!

Love the danger factor of that wood shed roof to the side lawn , my attached to house Porch Roof has a 12-15 ft drop and I also use my window to view the TV , sometimes I use a ladder other times I go head first out the window which is a funny sight :D.

I used a camcorder, long firewire cable and laptop. It worked well as I did not have to move my TV, that was facing away from my balcony.

I was using a 5.5 inch LCD screen made for an XBox and it just wasn't quite big enough. I read this thread and watched EBay for a few days and took a chance on a portable DVD player that wouldn't read a disk for 10 bucks plus some shipping. I received it and it came in a nice carrying case with AC and DC adapters/chargers, A/V cables, and a battery that functions well. It definitely wouldn't read a disk but the A/V input works great and the screen has no marks at all.

I was using a 5.5 inch LCD screen made for an XBox and it just wasn't quite big enough. I read this thread and watched EBay for a few days and took a chance on a portable DVD player that wouldn't read a disk for 10 bucks plus some shipping. I received it and it came in a nice carrying case with AC and DC adapters/chargers, A/V cables, and a battery that functions well. It definitely wouldn't read a disk but the A/V input works great and the screen has no marks at all.

Good find ! I have a 7" CRT that I have used, but it's just too small too, so I'm still going with a 12" TV at this point and "lugging it" around.
:)

I was using a 5.5 inch LCD screen made for an XBox and it just wasn't quite big enough.
I'm not overwhelmed with my 7" screen, but it IS big enough to see just fine.
And I'm sure they also vary by resolution, as well as size.

I read this thread and watched EBay for a few days and took a chance on a portable DVD player that wouldn't read a disk for 10 bucks plus some shipping. I received it and it came in a nice carrying case with AC and DC adapters/chargers, A/V cables, and a battery that functions well. It definitely wouldn't read a disk but the A/V input works great and the screen has no marks at all.
You didn't mention the size, but sounds like you scored even better than I did! - :up
Mine was more llike two for around $40.
SO, . . . Congratulations!
And, even with all us sat guys buying those up, it's not like we'll dry up the source and drive up the price.

just lugged the 13" TV out to aim dishes tonight :
(god I need something smaller..that TV gets heavy)

You didn't mention the size, but sounds like you scored even better than I did! - :up
Mine was more llike two for around $40.
SO, . . . Congratulations!
And, even with all us sat guys buying those up, it's not like we'll dry up the source and drive up the price.
It was a 10.2 inch Mintek.

I have a cute little 5" CRT that I carry out whenever I need to line something up-it only cost me $10 on clearance at Sears. It works pretty well, runs on batteries or AC, weighs about 2 pounds, A/V inputs. The brightness and contrast are great, even in black and white the signal and quality meters are easy to make out. Combined with the tiny, paperback sized Ariza 700 it makes for a pretty portable setup Not as good as a spectrum analyser, but it cost me about $500 less.

possible 9" for $49

Iceberg, would this be more convenient?

I wasn't sure this was appropriate to post, but I found it on SlickDeals today.
You can look there for more info , if you like.

Seems like a decent price for a portable DVD player, which -may- or may not have A/V jack.
If it does, then it could do triple duty as a portable entertainment system, photo album, and FTA monitor.

Philips 9" Portable DVD/iPod Entertainment System,$49
This DVD/DIVX player has 9" LCD and also a photo frame, Ipod player.
Starting Sunday 11/02/08 at Biglot
Third page in the Ad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)