I got a New Softball BAT!!!!

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
for the first time in 8 years I got a new bat, my old easton black magic motherload (endcap load) got a crack in it, it was a SWEET bat that could hit the ball where you wanted (not with power but great control) anyways after looking up a lot of bats I got this one!

https://www.softballfans.com/shop/product.php?productid=504&cat=0&page=1

dont be fooled by the price, everything I have looked up on it, says it hits same as or better then a freak plus....cant wait to break this bad boy in!!!

Anyone else get some new equipment? if not what do you use?

Softball is for girls. ;)

Just kidding. I did used to play hardball for years, but two years ago I joined a Rec-softball work league and was amazed at how different it is to hit an underhand softball compared to years of being accustomed to overhand fast pitch.

I don't know why but when I read the title of this thread I heard the voice of Tracy Morgan screaming in my head... "Hey, I got a new softball bat!"

Just thought I would share that. :D :D

Softball is for girls. ;)

Just kidding. I did used to play hardball for years, but two years ago I joined a Rec-softball work league and was amazed at how different it is to hit an underhand softball compared to years of being accustomed to overhand fast pitch.

STILL play "baseball"(down south, we call it by what it is....BASEBALL!;)). This is probably my last year in the 25+ division because it is not easy having to try to throwout 25 year olds from behind the plate as it use to be. :(

Just got some NEW Wilson catchers gear in black. Bought the pieces seperately and it actually came up cheaper. I don't use that bull**** hockey mask when I catch. I am old school in that regards.

sweet bat :)

sadly this is my last year in the league I am part of......much like Menudo (remember them) the league I'm in once you turn 35 you're done in that league. Next year the 35+ league....

Here is the one I have.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KGZ4TG/ref=asc_df_B000KGZ4TG1073942?smid=ALLJVGSMAI6TI&tag=nextag-sports-mp01-delta-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B000KGZ4TG[/ame]

sweet bat :)

sadly this is my last year in the league I am part of......much like Menudo (remember them) the league I'm in once you turn 35 you're done in that league. Next year the 35+ league....

Beer League! :D

I just found a great 35+ wooden bat league for baseball players down here!!!

Scott, we have a "last-out-buys-the-drink-of-choice-next-week" rule on the team. The "drink of choice" is usually.....BEER!.

Ramy....We used the freak 98 and freak plus bat in our fall ball league, then halfway through the year someone also got a demarini juice (30 oz)....I can swing a 30 oz bat, but when its cold and your tired from playing all year it gets HEAVY I felt like it took all I could to get it to somewhat decent outfield....the bat I have just arrived today, I need to get one of those balls on a string and start breaking it in a little.

To those who play baseball, I never played in high school I started softball as a way to keep active after football in high school, I have been playing 11 years now with 4 championships to show, sadly my body is breaking down fast and I feel this will be one of my last years due to a pretty bad knee injury last year during fall ball....but man I cant wait to start playing again, I feel as though the team I am on now is one of the most dominant that I have been on.

Ramy....We used the freak 98 and freak plus bat in our fall ball league, then halfway through the year someone also got a demarini juice (30 oz)....I can swing a 30 oz bat, but when its cold and your tired from playing all year it gets HEAVY I felt like it took all I could to get it to somewhat decent outfield....the bat I have just arrived today, I need to get one of those balls on a string and start breaking it in a little.

To those who play baseball, I never played in high school I started softball as a way to keep active after football in high school, I have been playing 11 years now with 4 championships to show, sadly my body is breaking down fast and I feel this will be one of my last years due to a pretty bad knee injury last year during fall ball....but man I cant wait to start playing again, I feel as though the team I am on now is one of the most dominant that I have been on.

I have been playing competive baseball for since my complete failure in the professional ranks(was drafted in the 10th round and never got passed a cup of coffee in A ball). I JUST took off last year for the 1st time since my early 20s. It was strange and the moment I went to see some friends that work in the Marlins organization and went into that clubhouse...and got a TON of freebees for the kids I coach at a local private highschool......I got the burning itch to play again.
Like I stated, I found this very good wooden bat league that has a 35+ division that I am gonna try. VERY excited about it. Started working out again and hopefully, it will be easier to throw 35+ men out than 25+....LOL!;)

sadly my body is breaking down fast and I feel this will be one of my last years due to a pretty bad knee injury last year during fall ball....but man I cant wait to start playing again, I feel as though the team I am on now is one of the most dominant that I have been on.

You aren't even that old.

Right now my body is hating me. I had practice Tuesday and then played some Table Tennis yesterday and every muscle in my body aches, plus my hernia isn't getting any better. I have already had one fixed and don't really want to go through another surgery, but looks like I will have to someday soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)