I got a recorded message this morning from "Dish Audits"!

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Apparently they just have a recorded a message telling you to call them back at 1-800-741-1969.

Considering I have 2 accounts, and 4 receivers (8 tuners) in all with only 1 receiver plugged in, this is gonna be fun. :hungry::mad:

Oh well, if it's for the account here I'll be able to take care of it :)

I dont understand what these "audits" are about.

The audits are for people who do not have all of their receivers hooked up to a phone line.

It is a way for DishNetwork to verify that all of the receivers on an account are in one location. Some less than honest people get 4-5 receivers, and "share" an account. The audits are meant to prevent account sharing.

If you have all of your receivers hooked up to a phone line then you should never hear from the audit team.

I dont understand what these "audits" are about.

Pretty simple, Dish chooses to harass their customers instead of implementing a technological solution that would actually solve the problem they are trying to address.

NightRyder

An audit is why I'm no longer a dish subscriber. I had AEP with Ten/Exstacy and 4 add'l receivers. I told them that unless they pay for phone service and install charges for all 5 receivers OR guarantee me in writing that audit would never bother me again, I was going to cancel. They couldn't make a written promise, so we sent it back.

When I was with Dish, I never had an audit and I had one receiver not attached to the phone line. The secondary receiver was attached, but the primary one wasn't. It was like that for three years. I wonder if they accepted the fact that if the secondary was coming from the right spot, the primary would be there too.

I went many years without my receivers attached to phone lines. The only reason I have them attached now is to avoid the $5 fee for dual tuner boxes.

Sometimes they will tell you that you failed your audit when you should have passed. Beware if you had other receivers on your account in the past and no longer have them hooked up or sold them. They are still attached to your account and they will want the location id from those as well even though they are deactivated or they will fail you and lock your account. That is what they done to me a few years back. That pissed me off and I demanded them to unlock the account and they did. I have mine hooked up to a phone line now but I also took some receivers off the account and went with some dual tuner receivers and just split the wires to the different rooms instead of having a lot of individual receivers for each of the rooms. A lot cheaper and better that way unless you have several different people wanting to watch a particular show at a time.

I think Dish goes a bit too far sometimes with their audits accusing people of crap that they do . They just drive people away to DirecTv and cable when they do this.

When I was with Dish, I never had an audit and I had one receiver not attached to the phone line. The secondary receiver was attached, but the primary one wasn't. It was like that for three years. I wonder if they accepted the fact that if the secondary was coming from the right spot, the primary would be there too.

Dish becomes really concerned about account stacking for those of us who have a lot of boxes. At some point (maybe around 4 boxes?), Auditing begins watching, so to speak.

As someone who has had the official maximum of 6 boxes for many years with all of them connected to a phone line, I have never heard from auditing. However, each time I have upgraded or changed-out an STB, all the CSR's have always been very clear in stating that all 6 boxes must be connected to a phone line at all times, and that auditing will be "contacting" the new box and others, within a few days, so please be certain that all boxes are connected to a phone line or my service may be interrupted. I tell them that I understand, and I do make sure I am all connected. So, far, no problems.

However, I do feel for those who may not have an easy connect to a phone line or internet.

I have two receivers, a VIP 622 and a 510. The 510 is not attached to a phone line as I use it in my RV. Dish audit called after about 18 months of operating this way and was quite nice. When I explained the 510 was in an RV, they took care to ask that is was not a second home, but an RV. Once they felt sure that was the case, they thanked me for being a customer. The audit person calling was quite nice and never said anything out of the way. That has been many months ago and I have not heard from them since.

If I had be stacking accounts, I don't know how I could have passed the audit.

Yeah I recommend calling ASAP when I did audit the longer someone took to call the more suspicious it looks

Why? Don't they leave a message to call back with in so many days or something like that?

Honestly if I was audited I wouldn't know until they shut off my service. The only thing attached to the phone line are my upstairs receivers while the downstairs one isn't even close to a phone jack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts