I got a ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ksmithtwn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2006
Canada
For the holidays, I got one of my family members a *C DSR-205, called *C and was on hold for at least 45 minutes..

My goal from the phone call was to de-activate the DSR 410 I have and replace it with the DSR-205. 45 minutes later I somehow wound up with both of the receivers de-activated, and the *C rep. no longer on the line.. Needless to say I have the 205 activated now, and the DSR 410 de-activated.

Now that I have this DSR-410 DNA lying around, I am curious as to what it can do..

I notcied it has a "Data Port" and "Multimedia Port" on the back, what can these be used for, are they used in any way now?

Can this receiver be wiped and used as 4DTV, or FTA of anysort? Find a new channel map? Basically can I point this at a different bird then A-F1 / A-F2, and get anything, anywhere?

Thanks,

Don't think anybody will activate it for anything else..never read about anyone 'reprogramming' one, or getting it to take another service's maps.
It was meant for one thing, I haven't seen anybody on any other forums saying they've found another use for one. Spare parts , or spare room reciever...

some of those old 410's may be able to get some free stuff. I dont know how to wipe it clean (master reset maybe) and aim at X4 (99W) and see if you can get the free audio there.

If you do a reset and it doesn't work, at least you can go back to F1 and redownload the maps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)