I got jipped!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well I just happened to cll Dish and ask what they could do to get me a DVR and I was offered a 510 for $100 and no contract requirement. This was after I bought the one off of Amazon. The seller won't even call dish and check what's going on with the receiver. I didn't accuse him of stealing. Dish themselfs said the receiver is not the seller's and that it is dish property since it is leased.

Everybody keeps assuming the seller was a cheat. When I disconnected, DISH assesed a non-return of lease fee of $400 on my owned 622. I complained three times, and ther result was assessing the fee a second time, yielding an $800 bill. I finally had to escalate to ceo@dishnetwork, and fax the invoice before this got cleared up. Several others on this board, including the owner of dishstore.net have reported having this happen with their owned units.

Talk to the seller, and don't accuse him of stealing when it just as easily could just be DN incompetence.

your personal experince is informative. But in the age of non personal contact sales, we see stories pertaining to fraud all the time. it is a sad state affairs when we have to assume the worst.
It is our duty as educated and savvy consumers to practice due dilligence before and after completing a transaction and receiving goods.
In a p[rivate sale sch as this, the seller knows what the status of their equipment is. They know if they owe a balance of not. You may deny this, but this kind of thing happens on more than rere occasions. This is the tird time I have read or epxerienced myself those who have bought used satellite equipment from private parties and have found the equipment to be invalid for use because of an existing balance.

your personal experince is informative. But in the age of non personal contact sales, we see stories pertaining to fraud all the time. it is a sad state affairs when we have to assume the worst.
It is our duty as educated and savvy consumers to practice due dilligence before and after completing a transaction and receiving goods.
In a p[rivate sale sch as this, the seller knows what the status of their equipment is. They know if they owe a balance of not. You may deny this, but this kind of thing happens on more than rere occasions. This is the tird time I have read or epxerienced myself those who have bought used satellite equipment from private parties and have found the equipment to be invalid for use because of an existing balance.

I seem to be creating controversy everywhere I go this week :(

I didn't say he wasn't a cheat. I just pointed out that DN can be pretty clueless about this sort of stuff, and that the OP might want to give the seller a chance to make good. It should be pretty straightforward if it is as the seller claims.

I seem to be creating controversy everywhere I go this week :(

I didn't say he wasn't a cheat. I just pointed out that DN can be pretty clueless about this sort of stuff, and that the OP might want to give the seller a chance to make good. It should be pretty straightforward if it is as the seller claims.

Very true. I bought a 622 from Ebay that Dish refused to activate since they said was leased, despite the seller stating otherwise. He took it back graciously and after a week of phone calls and emails finally got Dish to admit it was in fact purchased and could be sold and reactivated. Makes me wonder about their record keeping sometimes.

Very true. I bought a 622 from Ebay that Dish refused to activate since they said was leased, despite the seller stating otherwise. He took it back graciously and after a week of phone calls and emails finally got Dish to admit it was in fact purchased and could be sold and reactivated. Makes me wonder about their record keeping sometimes.

Their record keeping is lousy. I had CSR tell me I signed a new contract when I upgraded to the 722. However I have an email from my contact echostar executive offices that states I am not bound to a new 18 month when I upgraded.

Its sad when you have to go above reps heads to get things straightened out all the time. It happened with my NHL CI subscription; it happened with my $40 Starz Rebate and it happened when I wanted to upgrade my 211 to a 722 (was told I wasn't eligible to upgrade without buying a receiver).

E* has mulitple problems right now. It is not only the lack of new HD, but customer service department is a disgrace.

Don't 510s have DVR fees whereas the 501 didn't?

Yes, and the same goes for 508s. Only difference was the HD size, but if you wanted the largest one you got the fees...

Ever since NBR was put on the 501 and 508s, I personally feel they are still a good value receiver...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)