I got locals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jason22

Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
OTA reception problems

I get perfect reception from my OTA antenna when I use a Hughes HD receiver, when I switch to the Motorola receiver from Voom, I get no reception. Does anyone know what kind of problem this is?, is it hardware or software?. I heard it could be a mapping problem, but I don't know what mapping is or how could this be fixed.

Luis

Welcome to the forum.

1 - What numbers are showing in the Program Guide right now?

2 - When was your installed done?

3 - What's your zipcode?

Luis I've got your email.

According to this site, you are supposed to get
http://tvlistings4.zap2it.com/cabdbs/grid.asp?partner_id=cabdbs

2-1
2-2
2-3
4-1
5-1
7-1
10-1
12-1
12-2
17-1
23-1
29-1
33-1
39-1
51-1
67-1
69-1

According to your e-mail you are getting:

2-1 WPBTD1 PBS
4-1 WFORD1 CBS
6-1 WTVJD1 NBC
7-1 WSVND1 FOX
10-1 WPLGD1 ABC
33-1 WBFSD1 UPN plus two or three others that I don't watch.

Question, are you using the same antenna for both VOOM and the Hughes HD receiver? If so, you might need to do a factory reset. Let us know what happens if you do this. You may respond here in this thread.

Here are the instructions:

VOOM STB "factory reset" instructions.

Warning: Only use after you know that VOOM has updated your mapping and you still do not get you local mapping to work. All settings will default to factory settings. All customization made will be lost in the setting menu as well as any favorite list.

Press the following buttons on the remote control unit:
a. VoOm
b. Green Button (To access Options and Settings screen)
c. Select "System Settings" menu option
d. Select option 8 "Installation Settings"
e. Press "9 8 8" on the remote control unit.
f. The "System Configuration" menu will have the following options:
(1) Manual Tune
(2) SD Audio & Video Test
(3) HD Audio & Video Test
(4) Modem Setup & Test
(5) Authorization Reset
(6) Factory Reset
(7) Audio Test Mode

The STB might default to 720p and you will need to adjust the resolution to 1080i. If you get weird numbers on the OTA mapping, do a reboot by holding power button for 5 seconds and letting go.

Do a front panel (hold power switch 10+ seconds) after factory reset is completely, completely finished.

For a long time, I could not understand why I was not getting my locals, I was using an OTA antenna that was giving me a great signal (it would work perfect on a Hughes receiver) but I could get only one channel, then I read in here that unless you did a factory reset with a better OTA signal, you would only get the same channels that you got the day your system was set-up .......... and it's true. I got all my locals in a couple of minutes!!!!!. After the factory reset all the channel numbers were messed up, but then I did the box reset and I got the PG and the channel numbers working perfectly.

There is a good chance I will keep Voom now.

Thanks to Sean and the other gentleman, sorry, I forgot your name.

Luis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)