I got my Roku from dish! Yay...

EuroNews was available using a local IP not available using an IP in any of US states.

EuroNews WAS available using US IP's on Roku. That was precisely the problem.
If you are legally able to get EuroNews, if it doesn't work through Roku, then you can go directly to the EuroNews site and watch. I can tell you my cousin in Germany can watch the English EuroNews on Roku exactly as I was able to right now from Germany, so even through Roku it apparently goes by your IP address.

Last edited:
I actually found a good use for the roku yesterday.

I went to visit my kids who are both living in a college dorm and the only tv option there for students is cable.
I don't mind paying for cable but the prices are horrid. $55 a month for like 60 channels of ugly SD content. An HD receiver would be $20 more a month!.

I also have a 922 but the sling feature is a bit jittery sometimes due to my home internet having 512kbps Upload. Not a problem on mobile devices but its ugly when they connect the laptop to the TV (plus the hassle of doing so)

So I told them that Dish had sent me a roku to keep up with AMC shows but Amazon Video wasn't available in Puerto Rico. I hooked it up to their TV and subscribed them to Netflix + Hulu Plus + Epix (called in to add the BB@Home package to my account and removed the 211k I had at home for them ) I got BB@Home at half price for 6 months, after removing the 211k I'll just be paying $3 more a month for the extra 20 channels.

So In the end, the kids are happy, I got 20 more movie channels to watch at home and the roku became useful :)
Now they want me to add HBO so they can watch HBO GO on the roku :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts