i got new tv how do i go high def?

mjneppl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
wisconsin
i got a new tv;---sony 46 lcd

how do i go high def? i have a 311 reciever and have been with dish since december 2008.

i want to go high def.---i have the 44.99 package.

thanks,

mike

Is the 311 a ViP? If not, get a ViP model HD receiver (722 or 722k). You'll want to connect the two with component (red, green, blue, red, white) or HDMI cables to receive an HD picture.

You'll also have to call Dish to get HD if that's not an HD package. If you want OTA functionality, that's like a DTV converter box (using OTA signals) integrating into the 722. Where are you in Wisconsin? (You may want to put your address into tvfool.com if you're interested.)

Assuming your TV has an ATSC digital HD tuner, attacha n antenna appropriate for your distance from the transmitter towers.

Look your address up on TV Fool.

Most of the Dish ViP receivers have tuners for ATSC. Get a good antenna (outdoors always is best) for your stations and use TVFool to determine other important properties of the antenna. You need VHF-UHF (don't buy an "HDTV" antenna or you'll only get Fox).

Climb up on an extension ladder during a Foo Fighters' concert. That'll get you up pretty high while you lose your hearing.

If you want to go higher def, you'll have to ask the building manager and/or ticketmaster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts