I got nothing to say!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
The only thing I have to say is "FTA has been berry berry good to me"........

Currently I am pointing to 97,101 & 123 and Love It!!... If it wasn't for HD on dish network and the big fat cancellation fee, I would cancel my subscription to dish in a heart beat. Don't know if I could live with no "Discovery HD".

Anyone think that KU (not C) has any future in HD? I wish I could get a BUD but I got a communist HOA here and a very small back yard, Just enough room for a palm tree or two.

I am kicking myself for signing up with a 18 month contract 6 months ago, But it will expire November something and I am sending all the leased equipment back (622 HD DVR & a 322 standard dish 1000.2)

Most of the time I am watching local channels on G10r anyway unless there is a good science program in HD on TLC, Discovery and the like.

If there are any physics out there that can see the future, Let me know what FTA will offer in expanded channels and HD.......Give me some hope, give me some reason to live.

Told you I didn't have much to say!!

I wonder what the cost difference is for a provider to send a HD signal instead of SD or even the widescreen SD format? So the Content provider has to have a Master Control that can handle HD content, the satellite provider cost for providing an uplink of HD content?
But I think probably the future will be file delivery of content to your PVR or DVR over satellite. Live Satellite costs money but file delivery of content to your PVR would only cost the provider the time it takes to transmit the file and that would be alot faster than real time and cost is based on usage.
My 2 cents.

Ku is not taken seriously as a backhaul transmission method because the signal is so easily disturbed by weather conditions. Most HD content via satellite will probably remain on C-Band, with the exception of feeds, which originate from field locations and therefore would be sent via Ku satellite trucks.

There is a nice set of clean SD PBS feeds on AMC3 Ku. There is also a PBS HD feed too, but I don't have HD equipment, so I can't vouch for that one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Question of the day! Which card?

Double feeds?? Weird. Is something wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)