I got the iPad today..

costanzas_wallet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Pennsylvania
Just to let everyone know, I didn't even have to call and harass Dish. I randomly got an email this morning from Apple saying my iPad had shipped... I clicked on the tracking and it was "out for delivery".

Knowing how hard Dish makes everything, this was actually too easy.

?Thanks Dish!

The promo prices would have been the better deal. The ipad is only 2nd gen and they are very cheap online, much cheaper than what you would have gotten it for from all the promo savings over the year that you now don't have. Not to mention you could have still gotten a great deal on a ipad3 which is much faster/better to use while still prob saving money from the promo period discount.

Seems to me that Apple just partnered up with Dish to unload some old 2nd gen ipad stock.

The promo prices would have been the better deal. The ipad is only 2nd gen and they are very cheap online, much cheaper than what you would have gotten it for from all the promo savings over the year that you now don't have. Not to mention you could have still gotten a great deal on a ipad3 which is much faster/better to use while still prob saving money from the promo period discount.

Seems to me that Apple just partnered up with Dish to unload some old 2nd gen ipad stock.

I agree

I am almost to my 3rd referral. I will report back how long it takes on that. It seems to be about the same process as the new customer offer.

The Early Termination fee for those who received the Ipad from Dish is $720, minus $30 for every month you stay as a subscriber.

Do you always rain on other people's parade?

What promo prices? I've been a Dish sub for a while.. my promo prices all ended a while ago. I got this deal by referring three people to sign up for the Hopper system (which was very easy to do).

I am a Google guy, so yes, this is my first iDevice. Would I ever buy a iPad? Never! Not when the Nexus 7 is lower in price and higher in specs. Would I jump on the first opportunity to get one for free? Absolutely!

That said, my wife is the Apple user of the household and, as of a few hours ago, she still hadn't put it down lol. Before I left for work, I played with it a little bit.. synced it to my GoogleTV.. downloaded Pandora and browsed a bit.. Overall, I'm very pleased with this little device.

But the point of this thread was to express how VERY HAPPY I AM with Dish for being so on-the-ball with this promotion. My third referral signed up on July 29th! Only two and a half weeks have passed and I already have my iPad!!! I wasn't even going to start calling and pushing about it for another month!!!

I am almost to my 3rd referral. I will report back how long it takes on that. It seems to be about the same process as the new customer offer.

It was only 18 days between when my third referral "signed up" and I received my iPad. I don't even know what day they got installed lol. Just make sure your referrals sign up for the Hopper.

There's a whole long thread that already discusses the pro's and con's. You may be right, but he wanted an Ipad and got it with no problems, the point of the thread. I think overlooked, some people want something like an Ipad, but just wouldn't go out and buy one even if they got the discount package price and had that savings towards it. This is a way to get it "Free", to some it just makes a difference.

There's a whole long thread that already discusses the pro's and con's. You may be right, but he wanted an Ipad and got it with no problems, the point of the thread. I think overlooked, some people want something like an Ipad, but just wouldn't go out and buy one even if they got the discount package price and had that savings towards it. This is a way to get it "Free", to some it just makes a difference.
Excellent explanation. In the Ad Biz, it's called a Premium Promotion. Back in my day, it was toaster ovens, irons and blenders I used to do with Banks. If someone WANTS what is offered, good for all involved.

Do you always rain on other people's parade?

how is that information raining on a parade?? The info is true to an extent of my knowledge of doing them from an installer standpoint. Why would I not tell someone the truth of what would have saved them more in the long run vs letting them get possible screwed over??

Glad the Op is happy... christ, no need to get all bent over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts