I Gotta" question

ElkinHD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Has anyone here changed from Directv to Dish and are happy that they did? I've got directv hd and was thinking of changing to dish hd,seems like Dish has more channels in standard definition and is lower priced. Thanks

I did about a month ago. So far so good!!, I like the DVR's as well as being able to use one reciever with two TV's I think the HD picture is as equal as Direct. Customer service has been good.

They have the sports that I need. Though come septmeber it will be very strange without the ticket. I do like the fact thay have some different packages to choose from. With my expereience with Directv it was all or nothing. I do like the fact that I get the Travel channel in HD and ESPNU in my package hopefully in HD one day.

I spent a few months researching before I made the switch due to the fact that I had Direct for about nine years and wanted to be sure, as I am not a big provider jumper. Do a bit of research and see if its for you!

If you do decide to switch, Dishstore has a nice little deal going on with the current Dish promo!

Has anyone here changed from Directv to Dish and are happy that they did? I've got directv hd and was thinking of changing to dish hd,seems like Dish has more channels in standard definition and is lower priced. Thanks

I switched.

There's not much difference.

Neither company is stellar.

I was very close to switching TO Direct, but stayed because of equipment. A few weeks later, programming caught up to my desires.

I have always been with dish, but have a friend that just switched from dish to direct. He is not happy with it and wants out of his contract to go back to dish. He doesn't like the equipment or the user interface, and they have had to come out several times to re-aim the dish correctly.

He was the victim of a bait and switch retailer, that said they would upgrade his dish equipment and then after they got him to sign the paperwork he found out that it was for direct not dish.

Ive been with both providers (now with Dish)they each have their issues ,what it comes down to is if you like alot of sports then Directv seems to offer more choices for sports,but if your into movies Dish has more premium Movie channels(quite a few in HD)Dish has the best receiver set up as with a duo tuner you dont need an extra receiver to set up 2nd TV(save a little money too.)The only thing I really dislike with Dish is the Customer service being Outsourced ,alot times when you call there is a language barrier(do online chat its less frustrating).So it really comes down to what your preferences are with programming,as far as picture quality I havent noticed any big differences.Ultimately if having a problem deciding which provider to use ,make a list of pros and Cons and see which one comes up better.I did this and Dish came up better as far as what I wanted .

I had D* for about 5 years streight.
I switched to E* back in July 2007 and really couldn't be more happy.
PQ is Good ,Equipment is Fantastic, Dishnetwork is always running Promotions for their excisting customers on equipment and programming. D* doesn't give SH*^ to their excisting customers.
HD line up is great now, and the prices are better then what D* could provide me for what I want.
E* has More local channels in my DMA then D*,More Movies channel for less $$$ then D*
and More HD channels.
I don't care about High priced sports packs so D* really has nothing I want.
I get all my sports locally.

Thanks Folks, I've got alot of good information,I really appreciate the help...:) this place is really helpful if you need some info.....

I had DirecTV for many years and switched to Dish 3 months ago. I'm very happy. More HD channels, better DVR.

Nothing wrong with DirecTV but I got the new customer deals from Dish so it seemed a good time to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts