I Hate Directv!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr_rua

Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
:clap

Just got a 3 room system installed in the house on Saturday (05/24/04) with a Hughes HTL-HD receiver in the family room. Man, I burned so much time watching TV on Saturday and Sunday I didn't get anything done, hence the "I HATE DIRECTV!" subject title. In actuality, I love the new system, but I just burn so much time watching the 4 HD channels (Basic HD package) that nothing in the house gets done!

I gotta give props to the company (MasTec I think) that D* contracted to do the install. Two guys came out (Andy and Vans) to do the install. They called before they came and got directions so they wouldn't get lost. They were super courteous and very professional. They even took off their shoes before coming into the house! They answered all the questions that I had with patience (they were probably stupid questions). Everything I asked them to do, they did it and it was correct. Those two guys were awesome!

For the install and 3 days I have had D*, I must say I'm really happy and glad that I didn't get DishNetwork!

:clap

glad to see yet a new happy customer, and one with the HD pack above all. Welcome to the upcoming home of HDTV. 15-20 HD channels by year end!!!!!!!!!

mini1 said:
Welcome to the upcoming home of HDTV. 15-20 HD channels by year end!!!!!!!!!

And this statement is based on what???? Facts I hope, inside scoop I hope, tell me it "ain't" just wishful dreaming.

;) ;)

Karl said:
And this statement is based on what???? Facts I hope, inside scoop I hope, tell me it "ain't" just wishful dreaming.

;) ;)

From this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=597&highlight=directv+hdtv

By the end of 2004, DirecTV pledged to use its new DirecTV 7S spot-beam satellite (due to launch in 2004) to deliver local stations to 30 markets in addition to those previously announced. Or DirecTV will add 30 more national HDTV channels or a combination of the two, reflecting the level of demand and the available bandwidth.

And from this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=5849&highlight=directv+hdtv

In programming, we will introduce interactivity in sports, news, and other areas. Specially tailored content will downloaded to DVR's. New Channels will be launced for our customers. A new electronic programming guide will have exciting new compabilities. Our high definition programming will incresae by two or three times including the expansion of local HD centent We will agressively expand our international program offerings to compete in those important niches. We are also launching 70 local markets in the next year.

Find it hard to believe, but if it is true...at what price?????????
extra $30.00 a month...no thanks
They keep harking about local HD stations........what a bunch of crap.
My locals ABC and FOX don't even offer HD

rkr0923 said:
Find it hard to believe, but if it is true...at what price?????????
extra $30.00 a month...no thanks
They keep harking about local HD stations........what a bunch of crap.
My locals ABC and FOX don't even offer HD
who are talking about? DirecTV? I don't see $30/m mentioned enywhere. It your locals stations falt they don't offer HD, it has absolutly nothing to do with any cable or satellite company.

Is it just me? Everytime I start a thread people start getting mad, not at me, just in general. Maybe I should stop posting anything at all? :no

Not blaming them but they keep using it as a selling point. My OTA the signal looks much better than their feed anyway.

"very professional. They even took off their shoes before coming into the house"

Its against the law for an installer to take off his/her shoes in a customers home!

( I never knew this myself until recently, it was a question in the test to be recertified for the SBCA 1+2 card)

I now use shoe covers all the time, do not let an installer in your home without shoes, you can guess who will get the blame if/when he stands on a nail or rips his foot open on a sharp object (has happened), if an installer has never heard of this law maybe you should ask to see their SBCA 1+2 card, photo ID, and license if needed in your state, or the name of the license holder they are working under. Also, I would not let two installers in your home at the same time, one works out side and should never enter, and keep an eye on the installer inside at all times, if they have shown you all of the above then you can relax, slightly. Sorry for going on but their would be so many less horror stories if people stuck to the above, and it would help with customer satisfaction, thats what we all want. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)