I hate Hasek

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Me too, I have always like Ozzie and Manny :up

The fans have pretty much become the yankee fans of the NHL and what peeves me is most didn't even care for hockey until the mid 90's. They weren't there when the team drafted Yzerman and stuggled for years. They weren't there for Probert and Domi battles. :)

I was there, I remember when they drafted "The Captain"
As well as the Probert and Kocer days ...

Ahhhhh,
Those were the days !

Jimbo

Only the Lions are able to sell out their stadium despite fielding crap. The truth is that Detroit will not support losing teams. As for the Wings, they are still the #4 professional draw in Detroit. They have a long way to go before they can supplant the Pistons in this city. At least in the mid 90's, you could walk up to the box office on game day and get seats down by the ice. They're not selling out anymore, so you can get tickets, but they're all in the nosebleeds. (And your nose is bleeding from the ticket price on top of that, and don't get me started about the beer prices...).
As for Probert and Kocur, well the NHL rule book has made that kind of hockey disappear, hasn't it. Besides they didn't help us win any titles, anyhow.
Go Wings!

Only the Lions are able to sell out their stadium despite fielding crap. The truth is that Detroit will not support losing teams. As for the Wings, they are still the #4 professional draw in Detroit. They have a long way to go before they can supplant the Pistons in this city. At least in the mid 90's, you could walk up to the box office on game day and get seats down by the ice. They're not selling out anymore, so you can get tickets, but they're all in the nosebleeds. (And your nose is bleeding from the ticket price on top of that, and don't get me started about the beer prices...).
As for Probert and Kocur, well the NHL rule book has made that kind of hockey disappear, hasn't it. Besides they didn't help us win any titles, anyhow.
Go Wings!

From about '94 on you could not get a seat at the Joe, once Lindstrom came on board and worked his way into the lineup.
Up until late last year you could not get a pair of tickets without going thru a ticket broker.

Wings #4 draw ??? In seats sold ? maybe, they only hold like 18-19,000.

I would say the last 10 years it was the Wings , Pistons , Tigers and Lions.

Me personally it's Wings, Tigers, and the rest.

Jimbo

From about '94 on you could not get a seat at the Joe, once Lindstrom came on board and worked his way into the lineup.
Up until late last year you could not get a pair of tickets without going thru a ticket broker.

Wings #4 draw ??? In seats sold ? maybe, they only hold like 18-19,000.

I would say the last 10 years it was the Wings , Pistons , Tigers and Lions.

Me personally it's Wings, Tigers, and the rest.

Jimbo

Tigers, Lions, Pistons, Red Wings. Trust me. I live here.
This city is first, and foremost a baseball city. Unexplainably the Lions are constant sell outs, and I don't even remember the last time the Pistons didn't sell out. Outside of Red Wing fanatics, hockey is not that important here, pretty much like the rest of the country. Face it hockey is a niche sport. Count me among the Red Wing fanatics.
For me , it would Be Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, Pistons. I should add that I'd rather be golfing, than watching any of the above. (Love the outdoors).

Paul, we'll just have to disagree. While I love the Tigers, the Wings are Kings in Hockey Town! Other than my Dress Blue uniform, no other item of clothing would get me more warm handshakes, more memorable "remember when" stories, and more free beer than the Red Wings jersey my mom sent me back in the early 80s. From every climb and place, from the East China Sea to Coastal Africa to Eastern Europe, someone always approached me about the Wings. I still have that jersey and I still proudly wear it from time to time.

The Tigers are a close second and I have never been approached by anyone while wearing a Pistons or (God help us!) Lions cap.

Wings, Tigers, Pistons and Lions IMO.

I was just reporting the pulse of the Detroit area. Like I said earlier, despite being arguably the best team in hockey, they no longer sell out. Again, outside of hockey fanatics, most of the people here, don't care. Sad, but true.

Yeah, ticket prices and the crappy Michigan economy is hurting the ticket sales for wings for sure. Most of the fans I know when I went to games regularly (been over a year now) were from out of town and with gas prices up there and ticket prices so high, I can't justify the expense anymore and I just watch on TV.

Detroit will always be Hockeytown (USA), but the town is back in love with the tigers (I could care less) and the Pistons always sell well. Lions (and football fans included) are diehard and while it pains me, I am a Lions uh Fan. :)

I was just reporting the pulse of the Detroit area. Like I said earlier, despite being arguably the best team in hockey, they no longer sell out. Again, outside of hockey fanatics, most of the people here, don't care. Sad, but true.

They didn't care much about baseball either until the last few years when they finally put it together enough o be competative.

How many people went when they were losing a hundred games a year.

Jimbo

They didn't care much about baseball either until the last few years when they finally put it together enough o be competative.

How many people went when they were losing a hundred games a year.

Jimbo

Thomas Magnum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts