I hate it that on my 722...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
I hate it that on my 722...

a powered EHD causes the nightly reboot to delay 15 min with wasted accesses.

should be able to go to the end of the recording and back off including EHD.

mixing skip backs and ff/rew and then play takes you back up to 3 minutes.

many button pushes from slow response and it stops responding and reboots.

there is no sort swap in the EHD listings.

needs a sort by episode number, not date, within shows.

-Ken

I've noticed that the nightly update/reboot takes MUCH longer with my EHD hooked up--722 as well. Really don't understand why it should but I'm gonna leave it disconnected until I need to use it.

Ed

I also wish there was a sort/swap in the listings!

Can you not find a time to set the nightly reboot that it won't impact you? Surely you aren't watching or recording 24 hours a day right?

+1

Am I odd because I don't stay up to time my nightly reboot?

Yeah why are you up when it is rebooting anyway. lakebum431 is right why isn't there a time that you can set it to not impact your life. Why does it make a difference if you aren't watching it. BTW thowe21 I would be happy if it just started my coffee :D

Yeah why are you up when it is rebooting anyway. lakebum431 is right why isn't there a time that you can set it to not impact your life. Why does it make a difference if you aren't watching it. BTW thowe21 I would be happy if it just started my coffee :D
I'm having trouble too with my coffee timer set from Dish Remote Access. It works fine when I set it up directly on the 722 though...

Can you not find a time to set the nightly reboot that it won't impact you? Surely you aren't watching or recording 24 hours a day right?
Um if your single ya it shouldn't be a problem.But if your married and have completely opposite schedules like my wife and I it sucks.No matter what time I move the update to it always seems to interfer soon or later. I still don't see why it needs to update EVERY single day, once a week seems to be more appropriate. Does D update daily?

I move the reset time many times, usually to avoid a recording--I don't trust it not to break the recording or that it will not have finished the reset when it is time to record.

You can go without a reset up to several days by moving but eventually it will reset without asking because bad programming has memory leaks or other problems.

My objection is that it should exercise my EHD for 15 minutes when it does nothing with all that workout. If it were garbage collecting or improving reliability in someway then, OK, but it just locks up the receiver from use unless you just pull the USB or power on the EHD or force a FP reset. So, why?

Pull your USB before you sleep and rest well.

-Ken

My objection is that it should exercise my EHD for 15 minutes when it does nothing with all that workout. If it were garbage collecting or improving reliability in someway then, OK, but it just locks up the receiver from use unless you just pull the USB or power on the EHD or force a FP reset. So, why?
Defragmentation?

Mine does.

I hate it when the 722.......

doesn't have breakfast waiting for me when I wake up in the morning. Ughh!!

My Vip 222 makes me breakfast every morning. Running at 130 degrees makes it a great way to poach eggs.

Sure it may take a little longer, but with the proper planning its best.
Ronco should make a version.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)