I have a 1000.4 EA dish and wish to have

SteveRiz

Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
new york
the capabilities to receive the western arc when we RV, as many time my line of site for the eastern arc is blocked.

I know I need a new LNB for this to happen, but does the ARM need to be replaced too?

Thank you

I know I need a new LNB for this to happen, but does the ARM need to be replaced too?
No, I RV with a 1000.4 EA & WA too. However, I've found it's better and easier to swap out the arm & LNB (2 bolts into metal) instead of swapping LNBs (4 screws into plastic) . . .

dish_setup_09_ea_and_wa_lnbs_closed.jpg

Reactions: TheKrell
I only remove the two screws that connect the LNB to the plastic arm adapter to change from EA to WA and back. It only takes a minute or two using a small pocket screwdriver.

I only remove the two screws that connect the LNB to the plastic arm adapter to change from EA to WA and back. It only takes a minute or two using a small pocket screwdriver.
I'm betting that the metal will last longer than the plastic, Dutch.

OK, thanks. A few years ago, I purchased the Accutrac 3 plus, which I recently dug out of my closet. I'm a bit rusty on the usage. As I remember, I connected the coax to the middle port of the LNB, and tune/fine tune until all three satellites are peaked? Then I take the Accutrac out of the line and run a check switch on my 211k?

I remember the batteries didn't last, so I didn't use them.

I'm rusty because I kept the 1000.4 dish in the garage and we recently restarted our RV trips.

Thank you

No, I RV with a 1000.4 EA & WA too. However, I've found it's better and easier to swap out the arm & LNB (2 bolts into metal) instead of swapping LNBs (4 screws into plastic) . . .

A few years ago, I purchased the Accutrac 3 plus, which I recently dug out of my closet. I'm a bit rusty on the usage. As I remember, I connected the coax to the middle port of the LNB, and tune/fine tune until all three satellites are peaked? Then I take the Accutrac out of the line and run a check switch on my 211k?

I remember the batteries didn't last, so I didn't use them.
Yeah, the Accutrac III+ the meter I love to hate. Very buggy.

I think with this meter, the sat strengths (below) always appear in this order (from to to bottom):
  • 119, 110, 129
  • 77, 72.7, 61.5
Yes, running on batteries not a good idea with this meter.

dish_setup_00_acutraciii_meter_small.jpg

For the Western Arc, you're supposed to peak on 119:

dish_setup_11_wa_lnb_open_small.jpg

For the Eastern Arc, you peak on 72.7:

dish_setup_10_ea_lnb_open_text_smalljpg.jpg

I'm betting that the metal will last longer than the plastic, Dutch.
I would guestimate I've done well over a hundred LNB swaps so far, with no signs of anything wearing out. The key is to not over tighten the screws. I figured if the plastic threaded holes in the adapter do wear out, I can just drill on through and use longer screws with wing nuts. That would make the swap completely tools free, just like the rest of my tripod and dish setup. I also have an extra adapter on hand that came with one of my LNB's.

Buggy, in what sense?
My favorite bug was when the display powered up as a mirror image of itself.

Other bugs: Display would just flash on and off on power up. Unit would not power up with a fresh set of batteries.

Also, do you have to change the voltage on the Accutrac to 18 volts or something when aiming?
I just powered the meter up and ran it in default mode. However, I stopped using the Accutrac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)