I have a clearstream4 now, what is the next step up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smack1114

Original poster
Aug 17, 2014
Right now I can get the channels I want but they will cut out in colder weather. So just about every night in the winter here in Florida it'll cutout. I'm in between two cities Jacksonville and Orlando. I had the antenna up for awhile with the issues I mentioned. I found out I had a feed coming in through the cable line so I switched to it, but they recently started encrypting the clearQAM. So I bought cable with a cable card and I really don't like paying for it as it's not worth it to me. I just want the live sports and the rest I'll use the internet.

Sorry for that long story...just wondering what is a nice step up from that CS4 that I can put on my roof in it's place. I do have a signal booster but no ground.

Edit: I know the clearstream5 is next on the list but it looks like it gets the same distance.

This should be an upgrade to the Clearstream, as it's an 8-bay: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=DB8&ss=259375

Also, make sure you are using RG6 cable (not RG59) and good connectors installed correctly. You might also benefit on experimenting with different mounting heights. Believe it or not, higher is NOT always better. It just depends on your specific site, and various magic things, lol.

... You might also benefit on experimenting with different mounting heights. Believe it or not, higher is NOT always better. It just depends on your specific site, and various magic things, lol.

I found that a station transmitting on channel 32, KEMO 50, from 65 miles away, was very weak on my antenna when it was up at 20 feet above the roof, but it came in great when the antenna was just above the roof. I added a second antenna at 4 feet off the roof and it works great for KEMO, and also works well for some of the other stations that are some distance away. I always thought that it was "the higher the better", but as Primestar said, higher is NOT always better. Sometimes just a foot or two change in height can make a big difference, too.

Larry
San Francisco

Looking at your TV FOOL you are using the wrong type of antenna. You need a VHF/UHF antenna Jacksonville is your closer broadcaster and has Ch. 7 PBS, Ch.13(12-1) NBC and Ch. 10(25.1) ABC From TV Fool you have very few LOS (line of sight) broadcasters so you will have trouble receiving stations. At 50 miles Jacksonville will require a fringe area antenna and may need an amplifier. At a minimum I would suggest a HBU33 antenna aimed NORTH. Orlando is about 70 miles away and signal would come off the back side of your antenna so be thankful of anything you get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)