I have a complete Ultra Viewsat system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike75785

Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
I have a complete Ultra Viewsat system can it still be used for anything? If so where would I go to find help on getting this thing up and running.

it can but you be limited by new bandwidth saving protocols introduced over the last few years will not be able to be picked up by this box. it would be good start, just make sure you know what your looking for is right for that box to receive.

I'm in East Texas how would I set the antenna for Galaxy 19? I know nothing about this thing but I think I would like to play with it. Will I need some sort of codes for it?

Go to www.dishpointer.com and enter your address and then select 97W. This will show you where you need to set your elevation, azimuth and skew.
Then you will need to make sure that you have a current valid transponder entered into your receiver. 11842 H 22000 is a good one to use to aim with.

www.dishpointer.com will give you all you need to aim a dish.
By 'complete' what's included?? dish - lnbf description.
Dish should be a minimum of 30 inches across with a 36 inch recommended.
The LNBF has to have L.O 10750 or 10600/9750

Good point FaT.
Tell us about your whole system and what all you have.

www.dishpointer.com will give you all you need to aim a dish.
By 'complete' what's included?? dish - lnbf description.
Dish should be a minimum of 30 inches across with a 36 inch recommended.
The LNBF has to have L.O 10750 or 10600/9750
I have a 30" dish LNB is cool I have had this system working for over 2 years but it has been sitting for about three years. I did add the new transponder code. I am showing a 75 to 80% signal. I probably need new codes if they still use them. All of my old websites I used for downloading them have been deleted. Do you still have to have them?

I have a 30" dish LNB is cool I have had this system working for over 2 years but it has been sitting for about three years. I did add the new transponder code. I am showing a 75 to 80% signal. I probably need new codes if they still use them. All of my old websites I used for downloading them have been deleted. Do you still have to have them?
I haven't been able to pickup any channels. I really am lost at this time as to which way to go.

What channels did you get when you did have it running and what satellite did you have your dish pointed too?

I don't think one's imagination has to wander very far to figure out which satellite(s) he was pointing to. The Viewsat is another clue.

If what it appears you used to use the setup for,it will not work for that anymore.If what it appears you used to use it for,you will not get any help for that here.
On the other hand if you want to try true FTA you will need a different lnbf,linear FSS not circular DSS.You do not need "codes" for true FTA but you also will not get all,or any of those channels you used to get.
If you really want to try true FTA,there are many here who will try to help you with that.

If what it appears you used to use the setup for,it will not work for that anymore.If what it appears you used to use it for,you will not get any help for that here.
On the other hand if you want to try true FTA you will need a different lnbf,linear FSS not circular DSS.You do not need "codes" for true FTA but you also will not get all,or any of those channels you used to get.
If you really want to try true FTA,there are many here who will try to help you with that.

What I want, is to use this thing for FTA I thought the codes were part of it since I am not getting anything. If I don't need codes, all the better. I'm seventy years old and would like something to tinker with without having to go searching for latest codes.

If the LNBF fits to a 'D' tube, the one you found, if it fits into a clamp, the LNBF jmc98 found.

Last edited:
If the LNBF fits to a 'D' tube, the one you found, if it fits into a clamp, the LNBF jmc98 found.
Tell me I didn't order the wrong one, please DSCN2079.JPG

Your LNBF is held by a clamp on it's 'throat' so I'd go with the Titanium PLL. It's a much better performing unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)