I have a dumb question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
I'm a little behind the curve when it comes to HDTV... I was messing around with my TV the other day, a Samsung 20ish inch flat screen TV, and noticed in the back I have those red/green/Blue component connectors.

Does that mean I had an HDTV all this time and didn't know it?

No, it means you might have HD, most likely ED. You could at least hook up a Progressive scan DVD to it. What is the model number of the TV?

Not likely.

That is probably a 480i component input. Better than svideo.

Look for the logo's at the front of your tv. If it says HDTV MONITOR, then yes it is HD.

If it says EDTV then it would be a 480p comonent input.

To be sure, do you have a model number for reference?

no, you have an analog TV. I see this all the time. If you bought it, you would know if it was an HDTV. the "fake" component video inputs are made for a progressive scan (really digital) DVD player. your TV will only display a 480i max signal, use use for a better picture than S-Video-but not much better.

I have no idea what the model number is.. I'll take a picture if I need to. Lost the manual a year or so ago. It's not more than 2 years old.

I just looked at it again, and it says "DVD-In" for the input. Must be the progressive scan DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts