I Have A Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jolio2006

Original poster
May 19, 2008
hi every body , I have card sat pinnacle 400i and SG2100 Motor disecq like that

2100.gif

how can i use this motor with progdvb for change satellite ??

Last edited:
well when you use a title like "I have a problem" we have to open it to read it. Since not all of us have a PC card (I don't) someone will be along soon to answer

That sg-2100 motor and progdvb will work fine together. I am not familiar with the pinnacle card. Can you give a few details? Do you have the card recognized by progdvb? Have you tried to go into settings - diseqc and setup the positioner? Have you tried the motor with a set top box? Is your dish already aligned to the satellite arc or are you trying to do that with the card and progdvb?

Thanks ,
i will buy a motor sg-2100 next month
i have card pinnacle 400i and a dish 80cm
i ask if i am buying the motor disecq i will have any problem with dvb programs ?
but i dont know witch programs can work better with my new motor sg 2100 .
also i will move the dish by any programs can do it for my card pinnacle 400i .
how can for exemple use progdvb for move my dish to any satellite like astra or hotbird or any other ?

I can't think of any dvb programs that can't use the sg-2100, it is probably the most common diseqc motor, at least on this side of the pond. If you are going to use a motor with a pci dvb card the sg-2100 is the one you want. It will move your 80 cm dish easily.
What you will need to find out is if your Pinnacle 400i card is supported by the dvb software you decide to use, not all software supports the same cards. I noticed in Dvbdream there is a choice for a Pinnacle dvb device, not sure if it is your model. Go to the home pages of MyTheatre, Dvbdream, Altdvb, Progdvb and any others you can think of and check for compatability of those softwares with your Pinnacle card. They usually have a list of what cards they support.
As to your question of Progdvb and how it makes the motor work, you first need to have the card installed and Progdvb needs to recognize it, then you can proceed to settings, diseqc, and select your card, then add positioner, then switch(if using one) then add your lnbf.
You will also need to decide if you want to move the motor with diseqc1.2 or Usals, most software will do both, Usals is much easier, especially if you are just setting up and aligning a new dish.
It would be much easier if you had or could borrow a set top box to align your dish, then just switch over to the pci card once you have everything set, its tough setting up a dish with a pci dvb card setup, not impossible but difficult.
Dvbdream does not have native Usals support but you can use raw diseqc commands and it works fine that way. Mytheatre works nicely with Usals, its not free... $40. Progdvb supports Usals as well, all of them support diseqc1.2

i saw that my theatre is enough for my need i read in a article that the card hauppnagh have a program to do that but i don't know for my pinnacle card ?

This is a list of compatible cards from the Mytheatre homepage:

DVB-S (Satellite):
- Cards with BDA compatible drivers.
- Technotrend Premium (SkyStar-1)
- Technotrend Budget PCI
- Hauppauge Nexus
- Hauppauge WinTV Nova PCI, CX88:mad:SE, SE2, Plus)
- Technisat SkyStar-2 (PCI and USB)
- TwinHan VisionPlus including OEM versions
- Pinnacle PCTVSat
- Aver DVB-S
- VBox/BroadLogic Express 2030/2035
- NetCast PCI
- Hauppauge DEC3000
- Technotrend MicroPlus
- Digital Everywhere FireDTV
As you can see the Pinnacle pctv is there, you can download a trial version and see if your Pinnacle 400i works with it. Its the same as the pay version, just has a 1 hr time limit, just re-start it to use it again for another hour.

i know that my threater work good with my SG2100 motor
What about progdvb have you any ideas because i will use it ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts