I have a question about DISH "Transfers" I hope somone knows?

yahknow1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
SE Washington State
Hello, I'll try to be brief. I ordered the Hopper after reading it could "Transfer" DVR content to any mobile device for viewing without an internet connection. The technician just left my house taking away my VIP622 and it now appears that the only way to get content to a device is with the "Dish Anywhere" App? and there isn't an app for Windows 8? so the main reason I had for getting the Hopper has just been nixed unless there's a workaround that someone knows of?

Thanks for any and all help!

As far as what I have read, there is no work around. Just submit your request to dish to support windows 8 phones.

Hello, I'll try to be brief. I ordered the Hopper after reading it could "Transfer" DVR content to any mobile device for viewing without an internet connection. The technician just left my house taking away my VIP622 and it now appears that the only way to get content to a device is with the "Dish Anywhere" App? and there isn't an app for Windows 8? so the main reason I had for getting the Hopper has just been nixed unless there's a workaround that someone knows of?

Thanks for any and all help!

Did you ask to confirm that a Windows 8 device was compatible before you got the Hopper?

Even without the ability (if only for now) you still have a great piece of hardware to enjoy. I would NEVER go back to a 622/722 receiver.

Reactions: BBCInc
Can you give the link from DISH that say it can transfer to any mobile device? Possibly you misunderstood "and other mobile devices" as meaning all?
I think a good starting point is the only links for downloading the app is to Google Play and Apple, and never a mention anywhere of Windows.

As already mentioned, the best work around is to get a device that can do what you want. There are many very affordable tablets out there.

Well, the snippets of articles I read were vague enough to where I specifically called DISH to be sure. I even had the agent walk me through (somewhat) the process as it would be on a laptop. The agent said "You'll go into the Dish Anywhere page with your browser and there'll be an option for transfers once your receiver has the ability". She actually was THAT specific, I told her if it wasn't going to work, I was thinking of cancelling the install appointment. She assured me it would definitely work :shh

Amazon has Asus TF700T 10.1" tablets for $217. It is a little slow in the I/O department but it plays full uncompressed BD movies without issue. With 64GB microSD cards going for under $40 now, even this 32GB model would be sufficient as a media device. Get the keyboard dock ( an additional $130 ) and you can expand it even further with the standard SD slot and connect terrabyte-sized EHDs to it via USB2. MicroHDMI out even allows this tablet to connect to an HD display for absolutely silent media serving without the need for an HTPC.

I am confused why people are negligent enough to do something with zero research, but then smart enough to get the answer the answer they needed within one post. Not just this forum, but many others. "I talked to the dish rep", "what do you mean I cannot do that, I just had it installed"

I am confused why people are negligent enough to do something with zero research, but then smart enough to get the answer the answer they needed within one post. Not just this forum, but many others. "I talked to the dish rep", "what do you mean I cannot do that, I just had it installed"

Normally I would give the OP some crap for not doing any research but it does look like they asked the right questions when calling Dish. Looks like more uninformed CSRs, that or there was just some confusion of what they wanted to do.

I think the Transfer option shows up on the Dish Anywhere site no matter what device you are using but I think it only works on Apple and Android tablets. Maybe that's where the confusion was.

That's true. I forgot about the iPad 1. I think they don't have the option on the iPad 1 because it doesn't have the ability to. I know there are a lot of apps that only work on iPads that are after the iPad 1.

When Windows 8/8.1 tablets become enough of a market I would expect an app to be there. But one of the biggest disadvantages of those tablets is that there are gaping holes in apps available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts