I have a REAL stupid question (maybe)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 29, 2005
PA
OK. I've had D* for roughly a month (this time around subbed through the 90's). Here is my question. When browsing the program guide, is there a way to "autotune" a program? I know you can hit the record button on future programs, but I just want the receiver to tune to the program when it starts.

Thanks in advance.

rad

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
Nope, no autotune on the DVR's, just the non-DVR boxes have that feature. It's been on the wishlist since the boxes came out, but who knows if/when DirecTV will ever add it.

Spatch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 15, 2004
Northeast, PA
OK. I've had D* for roughly a month (this time around subbed through the 90's). Here is my question. When browsing the program guide, is there a way to "autotune" a program? I know you can hit the record button on future programs, but I just want the receiver to tune to the program when it starts.

Thanks in advance.

Dish has it

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
IMHO, auto tune is unnecessary when you have a DVR. It is a good idea with standalone receivers, but with a DVR why not just set up an auto record? With auto tune on a DVR, how would you know it if it tuned using the background tuner?

Zynergi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2007
NC
While I understands yall points on NOT having Autotune on DVR's it is definitely a feature I miss from my SD boxes.

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
When I first got my DVR, I too missed auto tune. I used it so that the receiver would automatically tune to a channel I wanted to watch. But, after getting the DVR, I soon realized that a lot of good auto tune did if theTV wasn't on or I wasn't home to watch the show. The DVR solved those problems.

Zynergi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2007
NC
Again good points, but if your on a channel it will maintain up to 90 minutes to rewind.. I dunno, Im lazy when I get home,, TV should tune itself to what I want to watch :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)