I have missed something

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Apprentice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Wichita Kansas
I know I have seen discussions on the DN DP34 switches but can not seem to find it via search. Can this be used with FTA untill I get something different. Right now I have a dish pro setup and am grabing the in the clear stuff on 119 have not been able to make it see the other two sats it is pointed at. Or at least there is nothing on them in the clear.

However I now have the channel master 75E with the Eagle aspen 270 on it and want to set it up to grab probably 97 W or maybe 101 W but anyway not sure if I can run that through the DP34 switch or not. Not able to get a multiswitch for a few weeks so was hoping to make this work? Any thoughts?

Chuck

Cool thanks Iceberg I will have a read and see what I come up with. I am sure more questions to come. If nothing else I will wait till I get the cash to buy the switch.

ok that makes some sence to me I think. What is commited and uncommited on the setup of the CS4000 for the switch ports?

Is there a thread on bandstacked and non bandstacked?

committed is for regular diseqc switches
uncommitted is for diseqc switches that are 8x1 or larger like the Digiwave. I did a review on it a while back.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/110067-digiwave-8x1-uncomitted-switch.html

There really isnt a thread on bandstacked or non bandstacked. Most LNB's are non bandstacked. If the LNB is bandstacked it usually says it on the LNB

some info on a bandstacked KU LNB Sadoun is selling
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-band-stacked-linear-ku-band-single-lnbf.html

Hello Apprentice! I guess this may not be the way to respond to your post, but I do not understand how to access the private message feature of Satelliteguys. Anyway, I have a DP 34 switch I don't think I'll need. It looks very new and came from a Superdish I'm using for 101 West. Would maybe consider trading for a FTA receiver with some extra payment by me to you? Is the value of the DP 34 somewhere around $30-$35? Sadoun has new DP34 "clones" new for $55 plus S&H.

multi-switches:

The thread Iceberg linked above is pretty comprehensive on the DP-34 subject.
Those switches may take a bit more power than most, so keep that in mind.
But, they are very rugged.
Not a chance in hell of blowing it up by pulling out cables while it's running.
I know, I've tried. - :rolleyes:

But as to a multiswitch, if you need one, a 4x4 or 4x8 will take two standard LNBs as input.
See our Switches Simplified FAQ for more info.

Pendragon has discussed mods (which you don't need) for two common models.
See those threads for price 'n availability discussions.

Naughty Mods II: 4x8 Switch with All 18V outputs

Naughty Mods III: 6x8 Switch with Power Insertion

What is commited and uncommited on the setup of the CS4000 for the switch ports?

Apprentice,

A committed DiSEqC switch will typically have four inputs and one output to one receiver. The inputs are LNB 1, 2, 3 and 4. This type of switch adheres to DiSEqC 1.0 protocol.

An "UN"committed DiSEqC swith may have up to 16 inputs and one output that can be connected to one receiver. This type of switch adheres to DiSEqC 1.1 protocols.

The application of a "committed" 4x1 DiSEqC switch will allow you to connect up to four LNBFs to a single receiver. However, you can connect up to four "UN"committed 4 x 1 DiSEqC switches to each of the four LNBF ports on a "committed" DiSEqC switch which would now allow up to 16 individual LNBFs (satellites) to be accessed by one receiver. Four 8 x 1 "UN"committed switches in combination with one 4 x 1 committed switch would allow up to 32 ports to be used.

These switches must be placed in line according to their hierarchy. The "UN"committed DiSEqC switch being closest to the receiver and the committed DiSEqC switches installed closest to the LNBF. They cannot be flip-flopped.

I am not sure how they developed the terminology of "committed" versus "uncommitted", but basically only the "UN"committed switch type can pass on the DiSEqC switch commands to another switch downstream. This is why the "committed" switch must be last in the series.

The "commited" DiSEqC switch does not pass the DiSEqC switching commands forward. Those DiSEqC switching command signals dead end at such a switch.

RADAR

Last edited:
Apprentice,

A committed DiSEqC switch will typically have four inputs and one output to one receiver. The inputs are LNB 1, 2, 3 and 4. This type of switch adheres to DiSEqC 1.1 protocals.

An "UN"committed DiSEqC swith may have up to 16 inputs and one output that can be connected to either the receiver directly, or to one of the LNB ports of a "committed" DIsEqC switch. This type of switch adheres to DiSEqC 1.0 protocals.

The application of a "committed" 4x1 DiSEqC switch will allow you to connect up to four LNBFs to a single receiver. However, you can connect up to four "UN"committed 4 x 1 DiSEqC switches to each of the four LNBF ports on a "committed" DiSEqC switch which would now allow up to 16 individual LNBFs (satellites) to be accessed by one receiver.

These switches must be placed in line according to their hierarchy. The committed DiSEqC switch being closest to the receiver and the "UN"committed DiSEqC switches installed closest to the LNBF. They cannot be flip-flopped.

I am not sure how they developed the terminology of "committed" versus "uncommitted", but basically only the "committed" switch type can pass on the DiSEqC switch commands to another switch downstream. This is why the "uncommitted" switch must be last in the series.

The "uncommited" DiSEqC switch does not pass the DiSEqC switching commands forward. Those DiSEqC switching command signals dead end at such a switch.

RADAR
Gordy, You've got some of the things swapped around.

Commited, 4x1, 2x1 switches and DiSEqC 1.0 are synonymous
Uncommited, 16x1, 8x1 switches and DiSEqC 1.1 are synonymous
(Caveat: not all 8x1 switches are uncommited. Some are 2-4x1 connected and switched by some other method.)
(apparently the words are meronymy and hyponym/hypernym but I kept synonym as most would get that better.)

The rules of thumb is generalized as:
LNB goes into a 22kHz tone then into a committed and then into an uncommitted which finally goes into a receiver.
Anole's switches simplified FAQ shows the variations that work.

Gordy, You've got some of the things swapped around.

Commited, 4x1, 2x1 switches and DiSEqC 1.0 are synonymous
Uncommited, 16x1, 8x1 switches and DiSEqC 1.1 are synonymous
(Caveat: not all 8x1 switches are uncommited. Some are 2-4x1 connected and switched by some other method.)
(apparently the words are meronymy and hyponym/hypernym but I kept synonym as most would get that better.)

The rules of thumb is generalized as:
LNB goes into a 22kHz tone then into a committed and then into an uncommitted which finally goes into a receiver.
Anole's switches simplified FAQ shows the variations that work.

Meinename,

Thanks for catching my error. I corrected this in the original post.
Now that I have been able to get back on the internet, I corrected the rest.

RADAR

Last edited:
Apprentice,
=Snip the stuff that is correct=

These switches must be placed in line according to their hierarchy. The uncommitted DiSEqC switch being closest to the receiver and the committed DiSEqC switches installed closest to the LNBF. They cannot be flip-flopped.

I am not sure how they developed the terminology of "committed" versus "uncommitted", but basically only the "uncommitted" switch type can pass on the DiSEqC switch commands to another switch downstream. This is why the "committed" switch must be last in the series.

The "commited" DiSEqC switch does not pass the DiSEqC switching commands forward. Those DiSEqC switching command signals dead end at such a switch.

RADAR
Fix/Fixed the rest there... :rolleyes: ;) :D

Commited is DiSEqC 1.0, Uncommited is DiSEqC 1.1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)