I have more Hopper 3 questions

I hear if you sign up for the Dish Protection plan BEFORE doing the upgrade, they charge only $10 or so to roll the truck to do the LNB upgrade and install.
BUT
There is a catch if some kind.
You then must keep the protection plan for X number of months else get a $25 cancel fee, i think its all cheaper than a regular price $95 to send someone to your house.
Again all just guess, hoping someone has the facts.

I see I'm still on the vip722 system they will discount the dish upgrade with protection plan and more without.

I hear if you sign up for the Dish Protection plan BEFORE doing the upgrade, they charge only $10 or so to roll the truck to do the LNB upgrade and install.
BUT
There is a catch if some kind.
You then must keep the protection plan for X number of months else get a $25 cancel fee, i think its all cheaper than a regular price $95 to send someone to your house.
Again all just guess, hoping someone has the facts.
The protection plan is $8.00 a month.

This page, https://www.mydish.com/support/fees, says you have to keep it 180 days or pay $30. This page (click the PDF T&Cs), https://www.mydish.com/support/equipmentservices, says $25 if you don't keep it 120 days. The second one is from 2012 though and I'm positive they've made changes since....

Let's presume the 180 days or $30 penalty is accurate. Pay for one month ($8) and get the equipment installed for $10 and then cancel. That will cost you $8 + $10 + $30 or $45 total. If you keep the plan for 181 days to avoid the penalty, it will have cost you $8 x 5 = $40 + $10 (install) or $50. Unless I missed something, you might as well cancel immediately for the least cost. Or, keep it for (5) months, just in case you need it, and it will cost you an extra $5.

Reactions: rglore
The protection plan is $8.00 a month.

This page, https://www.mydish.com/support/fees, says you have to keep it 180 days or pay $30. This page (click the PDF T&Cs), https://www.mydish.com/support/equipmentservices, says $25 if you don't keep it 120 days. The second one is from 2012 though and I'm positive they've made changes since....

Let's presume the 180 days or $30 penalty is accurate. Pay for one month ($8) and get the equipment installed for $10 and then cancel. That will cost you $8 + $10 + $30 or $45 total. If you keep the plan for 181 days to avoid the penalty, it will have cost you $8 x 5 = $40 + $10 (install) or $50. Unless I missed something, you might as well cancel immediately for the least cost. Or, keep it for (5) months, just in case you need it, and it will cost you an extra $5.
When I called to upgrade my Joey to a Super Joey, the CSR told me all about how getting the PP would reduce my install and I could cancel etc. I did the numbers and then said, "sure".

Unbelievably, I did exactly what they hoped customers do. Being on CC autopay, I forgot to cancel! I only remembered when I heard about the Hopper 3.

Of course, now when they check me out for an H3 upgrade, they will see that I am the perfect silly customer and should get the upgrade without even a sales pitch.

THEN I will cancel (if I remember :biggrin)

This is exactly why we have two Hoppers for two people (myself and my wife). We watch some shows together, and each have our own shows as well. She gets super-annoyed when one of "my" shows appears in her list, and I get frustrated by the horrible clutter if I try to put "my" shows in a folder.

So unless this is fixed with the Hopper 3, we'll just stick to the 2 Hoppers...
Good news is that Vivek was mentioning "multiple Hopper" installs/households. I hope that is the case if not from day one, at least very soon.

I'm reading this discussion about paying $8 (for the protection plan?) and then having to pay only $10 for installation. I've looked at past posts, but must have missed exactly what this refers to. Does the installation include receiving a Hopper 3 and all the associated physical connection upgrades necessary for it to run?

I'm reading this discussion about paying $8 (for the protection plan?) and then having to pay only $10 for installation. I've looked at past posts, but must have missed exactly what this refers to. Does the installation include receiving a Hopper 3 and all the associated physical connection upgrades necessary for it to run?
The equipment (receiver, LNB, etc) is "free" although a new contract commitment is part of the deal. A tech visit is normally $95 or $10-15 with the protection plan. And yes, it includes the labor.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Good news is that Vivek was mentioning "multiple Hopper" installs/households. I hope that is the case if not from day one, at least very soon.
2 Hopper 3s would be serious overkill for us, though. The goal would be one Hopper 3 and 2 Joeys rather than our current 2 Hoppers + 1 Joey, with smart folders to filter the shows.

2 Hopper 3's would just be adding to our costs with no real gain otherwise. YMMV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)