I hope, for the Dish customers' sakes, that the Turner channels return soon...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Although I really don't watch CNN too often, I realize that many do. They should be able to get that news source. Heck I like something other than Fox for info a lot of times (I do watch NBC, CBS, and ABC for news a lot). And I also watch channels like Cartoon Network and Boomerang, and being without them would get me frustrated. Turner has other good programming too. Dish has too many long disputes and I don't get it. Get with it Dish Network.

TCM, and to a lesser degree, Cartoon Network were the only ones I regularly watched.

And with the wrong "Many others do." No they don't. Hardly anyone watches CNN that's the problem Turner has. In the whole Country a few hundred thousand watch, no more than 400,000 at one time most days, more often 200 to 300,000. As comparison FOX is often at 2 million, sometimes 1.5 Million.
Imagine what a small amount of DISH customers that is. So no reason to feel sorry for DISH customers.

BTW it's MUCH worse when only counting live viewers, not DVR. 85,000 at times, yep a whole 85,000.

And with the wrong "Many others do." No they don't. Hardly anyone watches CNN that's the problem Turner has. In the whole Country a few hundred thousand watch, no more than 400,000 at one time most days, more often 200 to 300,000. As comparison FOX is often at 2 million, sometimes 1.5 Million.
Imagine what a small amount of DISH customers that is. So no reason to feel sorry for DISH customers.

BTW it's MUCH worse when only counting live viewers, not DVR. 85,000 at times, yep a whole 85,000.
I have to agree. TW is going to have to reevaluate their pricing for those channels that are lightly viewed INCLUDING CNN and HLN. They are a shadow of what they used to be.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Are we going to have a couple bring back Turner channel's thread, just give your opinions on the main discussion thread

It'll be hard to follow if there's more created.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell
Although I really don't watch CNN too often, I realize that many do. They should be able to get that news source. Heck I like something other than Fox for info a lot of times (I do watch NBC, CBS, and ABC for news a lot). And I also watch channels like Cartoon Network and Boomerang, and being without them would get me frustrated. Turner has other good programming too. Dish has too many long disputes and I don't get it. Get with it Dish Network.
Do not be shocked if these channels are dropped permanently.

wait till they lose cbs o/o
Most can get CBS OTA though.... I know a some can't but most can, especially with a roof antenna.

These turner channels if you feel are essential will require you to keep waiting or switch.

Last edited:
Drop CNN and HLN, bring back TruTV, Cartoon Network and Boomerang at lower price and make TCM a la carte.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)