Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ianai

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Hampton, VA
Does anyone know if you can set the search feature to always search the program guide ONLY, by default? I hate that it always searches my DVR - I know what's on my DVR, I want to know what's not.

I know I can click Filters, scroll down and choose Program Guide, but it's a lot of button pushing. I know that sounds lazy, but I like efficiency, and feel like the default should be program guide, and the button pushing if you want to search additional locations.

Because the search results are displayed so poorly, it's really hard to tell what is old, and what is new so I have to go through every entry and look at the program info. It just seems backwards to me ;)

PS - I did try searching the forums first.

That's a good idea, lucky86. Thanks for the suggestion! I retired my Harmony, but maybe that was premature ;)

I'm amazed by this oversight. I guess at a minimum it would make sense for this to be a really quick switch. A color-coded button to quickly cycle through the guide, on-demand or all - or something like that. Maybe it's just my poor choice in programming that makes this a constant source of frustration for me..

There used to be the color coded button for that in the search. Seems they have done away with it, so I don't think we are looking at an oversight, but more by design.

Yeah, when I noticed they took away the option of where to search, I was a bit peeved for the same reasons at the OP. The only think I can guess is that some subs or even Dish believes that the average user may not find what they are looking for because the search was limited to the EPG instead of including VOD. I have to say, I made that mistake a few times, but learned quickly to be careful, but I would prefer the option to limit the search to EPG, etc because it is FAR easier to wade through the listings from ONE area I am interested in looking rather than all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)