I hope my 722K isn't dying. I may need DIRT help here...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chuck In Ohio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Athens, Ohio
This DVR was installed by a DISH tech in July 2009. We haven't had too many problems with it until the last few days. All connections are fine. We haven't moved it or anything. Everything is as it was before this problem started. Venting is unobstructed and it never gets hot. We keep it clean.
Here are the symptoms:
04/05/12- video froze 3 times (audio will continue for about 15 seconds and then cuts out) during the day. After an indeterminate amount of time- sometimes two minutes, sometimes as long as twenty minutes the blue screen appears and then the unit goes through the re-boot process. Acquiring signal takes much longer than usual- maybe another ten-fifteen minutes. After that it works fine (until the next time).
04/06/12- same exact symptoms as day before, but more frequently; about five or six times.
04/07/12(today)- Its almost not worth watching. I have kept track of the freezing/re-booting incidents: SIXTEEN TIMES so far today!

If any of you guys have had similar experiences I would appreciate any information /help.

Thank you.

Join the club. ! Its been almost 5 months of freezing and rebooting for us. New everything and receivers....waiting on a software update. BUT...yours could be a number of many things wrong. Good luck.

Thanks ippymiss. I'm hoping a tech will come along soon. If not I may have to resort to a call to a DISH CSR. Good luck on your problem too. I couldn't take five months of this.

:mad: OK. I can't take it any more! Its done this at least 10 times since my last post! I've missed half of the REDS-Marlins game! Time to call DISH...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)