I hope someone can help me. . . . . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sticks

Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
St. Charles Parish
Anyway nice to be here.
Here's my issue: Just watchin tv one day and I get the 771 searching for Sat. so I think eh i'll come back nope never does.

I at first I thought it was the BBC got a new nope still doing it.

I can reset it and I get tv for a little while 2 to 3 min. then it goes bye bye again.

Sat. is aligned i'm getting 90 to 95 meters on all but one Sat. that says failed 103(a) is this my problem? All other Sat. are ok

101-ok
110-ok
119-ok
103(a)-failed
103(b)-ok

Could my LNB have gone bad? It's not the box tried it at a neighbors house works great.

The other thing is when take the BBC off it works but of course i dont get HD or local.

BTW my box is a model H20

I appriciate any help ya'll can give thanks.

Sounds like you've already pinned the problem down to the LNB assembly.

Are you up for replacing the LNB assembly?

Try yesting your connections at the multiswitch and making sure all are tight. A loose connection can cause this sometimes.

Oh yeah I can do that no problem. U think that's what it is? I just don't want to spend the money on it if that's not what it is.

BTW it's a slimline 5 lnb.

hmm you should be getting something on 99(c). What type dish do you have? Try going thru the satellite setup and make sure the correct satellite has be selected.

Amazing how many of those boxes that DTV was going to "proactively replace" are still out there. I'm a DTV fan, but have run into 2 in the last month alone.

In both instances, started with wierd behavior - then all is excellent again with the replacement box.

By the way, since this is a recall - it DOES NOT restart your time committment with DTV (mfg defect).

Mike

What I've heard is that D* changed their mind from a proactive replacement to replacing them only when someone calls in with a problem.

What I've heard is that D* changed their mind from a proactive replacement to replacing them only when someone calls in with a problem.

Goes along with what I'm seeing. Would rather have them score some "points" with customers replacing them before folks start pulling their hair out & missing service - but - oh well...........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)