I hope this is not a dumb question.

flytank

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
I always do a weekly "Test Switch" and all my receivers (I have a 211,622 and 625). All the time they are successful. This morning I tried thia once again, however I was at the satellite point dish page and decided to cycle between the satellites Im supposed to get (119,110 and 61.5 which mirrors 129 for HD and gives me my locals) Satellite 119 was showing a signal of 107 and 61.5 was at 99, however when I put in satellite 110, it didn;t show anything (transponder # was 08), it just said satellite not acquired in red. This was on my master bedroom TV (receiver 211) so I checked the other receivers in my house and all the sats where showing green. My switch test in my master bedroom tested successfully so I dont know what's going on. Anyway I checked all my channels one by one, including movies and HD (I'm HD Platinum) and all showed no problem. While doing this I went back into the point dish page and cycled thru the channels, this time sat 110 showed up with a 105 signal strength but showed a different transponder number (15). Again everything is fine, I can see all my channels and all the switch tests are successful. Is that how it works? the system cycles transponders like this so that it can get a better signal from the satellites? I apologize if it sounds like a dumb question but I'm still in learning mode.

With your location in Orlando,FL., satellite 110 tr. 8 will not at present give you a measurable signal.
This is a spot beam for 12 cities other than your area, 2 of which are in Alaska, so don't look for anything there anytime soon.
When you went from one of the other satellites to 110, the transponder will start at the last used position for transponders on that satellite. :up

dishguy15022 said:
the only question I have is Why are you doing a weekly check switch? If you are not having any problems, you really don't need to do a check switch.
Call it paranoid reasurance I guess, but its a good way to stay up to date on how well your system is working and its a nice thing to know when you arive at the customers home on a service call that they know how to look for problems as opposed to " it just up and quit ".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)