I just bought a sonicview1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ivarzzz

Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Bought it from a store near where i live, first one in Westcoast were i live, Had lost of interesting recievers! but now what i can i do with the reciever?

Im thinking that he put a file on the reciever while i was there? i dont want to intercept illegal channels, how can i reset the reciever?

You would have to download the LEGAL software from their web site. (If they have one and such software exists)

Last edited:
The dealer should be able to reset it to the factory default, I just googled the Sonicview 1000 it looks like it should make a decent true FTA reciever. Lots of good stuff out there you will need a 30" minimum dish and linear LNB.

The SonicView factory software is readily available on their website.
http://www.sonicviewusa.com/sv1000_factory_v0222_13sep2006.zip

You will need the loader app to get it onto your receiver:
http://www.sonicviewusa.com/Downloader_v0201.exe

I don't have my SV1000, yet. So, I can't tell you the exact procedure. But, it may be self-expanatory when you open the Loader program.

PSB - The SV-1000 is a legitimate FTA receiver. (As legitimate as any other). It's almost identical to the Buzz that Iceberg reviewed on this very site.

I'm still getting used to my BUZZ, but I've moved it into the position of driving the motor ( previously reserved for a Fortec Classic NA ) . The big irritation is mentioned in Ice's review, that it scans into the 13200 Mhz range on blind scan, so you either wait for it, or exit and save and then scan the other polarity. I've found it to be accurate, with a more sensitive tuner than the Fortec . It's going to be my #1 receiver until further notice.

:)

Brent

GaryPen said:
PSB - The SV-1000 is a legitimate FTA receiver. (As legitimate as any other). It's almost identical to the Buzz that Iceberg reviewed on this very site.

The SOnicview basically replaced the Buzz receiver :)

I'm looking forward to receiving mine. I ordered it a few days ago. The PQ is said to be outstanding. It's channel bin format is compatible with Channel Master. If the menu structure is the same as the Buzz in your review, I prefer that over the Neusat, as well.

I've already sold my Coolsat, and am trying to sell the Neusat. So far, no takers. Maybe I'll keep it as a backup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)