I Just Can't Post....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
.............using internet Explorer 6.0. About 4 of 5 days ago, after posting here, I have not been able to post on any thread. Font characters appear larger than usual. All the icons on the messages box, including smileys are all disabled (by the way I'm using Firefox to post this). :( Even when I write up a post or thread and hit submit, I get this Error message below:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
The irony of it is that I had at least three sentences in each post that I tried posting.:(
It should be noted also that all drop downs on this site are not working for me on explorer 6.0. Due to reasons that I wouldn't want to discuss here, it's required I only use explorer 6.0 on this very machine. I'm also experience a malicious attack warning on another of my desktops using explorer 7.0. I will attach the screen print later. It says something about Google double click.:confused:

Last edited:
I guesss miracles do happen! :D I can now post using explorer 6.0! Scott, did you have to do anything from the backend? I will check the virus alert on the other PC later!:cool:

Scott. He's having exactly the same problem I told you about last week in the Treehouse forum. I tried clearing out the cache several times and it fixed the issue for one or maybe two sessions, but then the problem returned. It started happening right after the last time Satelliteguys crashed two or three weeks ago.

I am just using Firefox now though I'd rather use MSIE 8.

Its hard to fix something if there have not been any changes.

By you getting things working by clearing your cache showed that the system was running fine.
Your issue was that none of the java/ajax features were working. I am not sure if its the same issue the user was seeing.

That's what makes it one of those strange things that makes it hard for me to troubleshoot. :(

I'm also experience a malicious attack warning on another of my desktops using explorer 7.0. I will attach the screen print later. It says something about Google double click.:confused:

Scott, see the attachment for the screen print of the Virus Warning that I get when I click on posts on this website.

Attachments

• Virus Alert by Avira Premium Security Suite.bmp
    693.1 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)