I just got my new powermax vbox-x and now how do I program this baby?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubba3j

Original poster
May 29, 2011
bellmore ny
So I just got my new powermax vbox-x in the mail. I need some help now to program it. Being that it didn’t come with instructions I plugged it in and have been just playing with it to figure it out. I need to know how I can set a start point and have it go out about 10" or more continually. It is currently only moving the actuator about an inch at a time when i just press or hold the arrow buttons. If you have realized yet, I’m not that tech savvy. Please help

Have you used a DiSEqC controlled Ku motor? Do you have and old system to move the dish? What kind of equipment do you connect the VBox to? I programed my VBox thru the receiver in the satellite settings setup. Did you get the remote with it?
Helpful suggestion: add a signature line listing the hardware you use as a lot of us do.

And this sign. you raise it in the morning and lower it in the evening? or do you want it in continual motion? Or something else?

It will be moved up in the morning and down at night. Its a sign that is mounted on my business trailer. I just cant transport the trailer with the sign up so being I had these actuators laying around I figured this system would work. I just wish there was a way to have the actuator move the whole distance instead of holding the arrows on the vbox and having it pause every inch. I hope someone can help me figure this out because I put way to much work in to this idea already for it not to work.

Sounds like your V-Box is not getting feedback from the sensor in the actuator? Possibly wired incorrectly or a bad sensor? I don't think it would move as far as an inch if this was the problem though, so I might be wrong here.

You can also move that actuator with any 12-36V DC power supply, and just reverse your power wires to reverse direction.

Last edited:
Do the numbers in the display change when it's moving the actuator? if NO, you're not getting the pulses from the sensor. Get that to work and dougruss's programming will do it. I think the Vbox is overkill for what you are doing. A DPDT momentary switch and a source of 12 volts would do it. (Higher voltage= faster-up to 36 is safe) looking at the connections on the back of the sw. (toggle style)
1 4
2 5
3 6
Wire 1 to 6 to motor, 3 to 4 to motor, 2 to fuse to + supply, 5 to - supply.
Suggested switch Digi-Key - EG2421-ND (Manufacturer - 100DP5T1B1M1QEH) Or equivalent, use the latching side to extend. Adjust the actuator limit switch to stop at desired extension. Momentary side to retract.

Also, I not sure which sensor wires to hook up. The back of the vbox has 4 ports. a red and black for the actuator power and a red and black for the sensors. Problem is I have 4 sensor wires (orange, green, brown and a bear wire) Where do they all go? If someone can possible send me there phone # so I can give you a call to possibly walk me threw this over the phone the would be so much easier.

Open up the actuator. Usually just 4 screws hold the back cover on. See which 2 are being used. Or try every combination?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts