I just had a SuperDish installed on friday and..

Dawgman

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
I mainly ordered it to receive my locals. I'm excited about all of that except for the fact that 105 only comes in at about 50 on the strength meter. It moved ALL the way to 50 after I adjusted it after the tech left and it was around 35. Now when my neighbor burns trash it obscures the satellite due to the smoke(just kidding). But back to my original point/question, after doing some reading I found out that WCBSDT-NY was being mirrored to 105 and I got excited because I was sure I qualify for it. I called a CSR and she said I was the first to ask for it..blah blah blah... and she had to get her manager. Well she said I qualify and he typed in a code to make it happen and that I should be getting it in the next 15 minutes. We were all happy and 5 hours later it still wasn't coming in (CH 9483 , if I remember correctly). I called back and after talking with 3 people they sent me to a "higher" technical support person who told me I would need a DP+44 switch and a second dish to get the 61.5 satellite to get WCNSDT-NY. I told him I thought they were mirroring these on 105 and he said he has heard nothing about that. He put me on hold to ask his manager who said the same thing. Can anyone shed some light on this debacle for me?

1. Are they mirroring these channels to 105?
2. If they are, why can't I get this channel if they 'typed in the code' to allow me to get it?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Dawg

I wish they would move all HD to 105 especially the stuff on the wings. At my house the dish has no elevation for either wings and I have LOS. Not that anyone can do anything but I want my CBS HD I have a Waiver! The tech mentioned to drill a hole in my nehibors tree and poor salt and ammonia in the hole. LOL!

And I'm on the opposite side of the coin - I would rather not deal with a SuperDish.

I've got 148, and could maybe swing that dish around and catch 61.5 (I'll try it sometime), but I don't have the wall space for a SECOND wide dish. I already have a DirecWay. I don't like roof mounts, and a ground mount would be inconvienent where it would have to go.

the 61.5 dish is just a dish 500....i've actually mounted it to the same pole as the 105 superdish using brackets....save space...you can get a used 500 for cheaapppp....

the 61.5 dish is just a dish 500....i've actually mounted it to the same pole as the 105 superdish using brackets....save space...you can get a used 500 for cheaapppp....the only thing is, you'll need a DPP+44 switch...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)