Who won Dish's Free HD Package ?

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
With nearly 10,000 members, it would seem one of us would have been lucky enough to win in Dish's Free HD Giveaway. Anybody have a list of winners, won themselves, or know of somebody who did win?

To me, the promotion was certainly a waste of Dish's money. They showed a promo or two during the chat, and did little advertising. Where was their payoff?

I think since it was a public contest DISH has to release the names of the winners, just like a raffle or lottery has to.

I read the rules where they would send a list of winners AFTER the contest was over. That does not seem right to me. How are we supposed to know if we won or not if we could not get to the phone or something? I thought they were also supposed to send something in the mail stating that you won. I do agree that there does need to be a list of winners by name or location in alphabetical order. Seeing how there is around 8,000 members on this board alone, there should have been at least a few winners from this board (actually more close to half a dozen or more).

For all interested. Here are the details again. :)

__________________________________________________ __

WINNERS' LIST: For the names of winners, available after August 15, 2004, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by September 15, 2005, to: The Great HDTV Giveaway Winners List, P.O. Box 8131, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-8131 or go to www.dishnetwork.com.
__________________________________________________ _

RANDOM DRAWINGS: Twenty-Five (25) Grand Prize winners will be selected daily for four (4) weeks, in a series of twenty-eight (28) random drawings from among all eligible entries received. Daily drawings will be conducted for the first twenty-seven (27) non-holiday weekdays (Monday - Friday) during the Promotion Period on or about 3:00 P.M. on the second non-holiday weekday occurring thereafter. Entries received on a holiday or non-weekday will be included with entries received on the first weekday thereafter occurring. The final drawing will occur on or about July 13, 2004 and will award the balance of Prizes. Drawings will be administered by Arrowhead Promotions & Fulfillment Company, an independent sweepstakes fulfillment company whose decisions regarding all matters pertaining to the operation of the random drawings shall be final.

GENERAL RULES: All Prizes will be awarded and winners notified by mail. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within fourteen (14) days of notification attempt or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing. Winner must have a DISH Network account in good standing in accordance with the terms described in their Residential Customer Agreement in order to receive the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize/offer of equal or greater value.

NightRyder

I think the entire contest was a scam anyways. I did everything asked of me to earn extra entry points, and my points total always stayed the same.

I would be shocked if I won.

They were suppose to notify the winners with a certified letter. I haven't got mine yet but I'm still checking the mail.

Bob

I had the same trouble, it would tell me that I would still have 1 entry yet I have AEP plus more channels, autopay, etc. When I called Dish they mentioned that I had 401 (or whatever the maximum amount is).

Just seeing how the winner's list is available after it is too late to redeem your prize shows that there is enough proof that something is not right. The winners should be announced on their website, on one of their info stations, etc.

Stargazer said:
The winners should be announced on their website...

Isn't that what this say's :confused:

WINNERS' LIST: For the names of winners, available after August 15, 2004, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by September 15, 2005, to: The Great HDTV Giveaway Winners List, P.O. Box 8131, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-8131 or go to www.dishnetwork.com.

Hey!

NightRyder said:
For all interested. Here are the details again. :)

__________________________________________________ __

RANDOM DRAWINGS: Twenty-Five (25) Grand Prize winners will be selected daily for four (4) weeks, in a series of twenty-eight (28) random drawings from among all eligible entries received. Daily drawings will be conducted for the first twenty-seven (27) non-holiday weekdays (Monday - Friday) during the Promotion Period on or about 3:00 P.M. on the second non-holiday weekday occurring thereafter. Entries received on a holiday or non-weekday will be included with entries received on the first weekday thereafter occurring. The final drawing will occur on or about July 13, 2004 and will award the balance of Prizes. Drawings will be administered by Arrowhead Promotions & Fulfillment Company, an independent sweepstakes fulfillment company whose decisions regarding all matters pertaining to the operation of the random drawings shall be final.

GENERAL RULES: All Prizes will be awarded and winners notified by mail. Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within fourteen (14) days of notification attempt or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing. Winner must have a DISH Network account in good standing in accordance with the terms described in their Residential Customer Agreement in order to receive the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize/offer of equal or greater value.

NightRyder
Can anyone here read???? :eek:

There is that chance that it could get lost in the mail (knowing how bad the USPS is here at times) or something and it is nice to know if you actually won before its too late. That would just be someone's luck when they would finally win something this good.

I agree although I have had a problem with USPS in that it would take one month to get a letter that should have been received in a few days, had certified mail not get certified/signed when delivered, was unable to find out any information about it on more than one occassion and so on. For the most part I would say that this is not a problem but I would have thought that we would have heard from more winners than what we have.

Umm Stargazer we have not heard from ANY winners. Where are you getting this "I would have thought that we would have heard from more winners than what we have" stuff? :D

With 91xx members, with maybe half if them dish subs (so, say 5000), 9,000,000 customers / 5000 members = 1 in 1800 chance that someone from here would win. Yes, I know that doesn't take into account the extra entries that most people around these parts will get, but even if that takes the odds down to 1 in 1500, those are still pretty long odds that one of the users won one.

I think we can resolve that this was a fake contest/promotion/hoopla whatver you wanna call it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts