I Just received my smart card. Anyone else??

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I just got my smart card from Dish through the mail. Went through the instructions called Dish and to my surprise it went smoothly. Anyone else??

BTW. I have a 622.

Mod. I see there is a thread for this. Please merge if you would like.

Last edited:
I got mine two weeks ago and like you said amazingly it worked just as it said... put the card in and it worked right away. I was in shock that I didn't need to call Dish to reactivate my receiver.

I got mine a week ago, I'll probably install them this weekend. The info channel said I have to do all of them on the same day, good thing I saw that. I planned on doing one that night and then another the next day and the last one on the weekend. :p

Oops, I put one card in on Saturday and the other today. I had trouble getting the card into the first receiver, so I didn't put that card in till now. So am I screwed now or what?

i came home on my lunch break, card was in the mail. stuck it in the reciever, and by time i had my sandwich made, reciever was up and running. it was an easy flawless procedure.

I just got my smart card from Dish through the mail. Went through the instructions called Dish and to my surprise it went smoothly. Anyone else??

BTW. I have a 622.

Mod. I see there is a thread for this. Please merge if you would like.

I got my card 3 days ago and it installed easily. I have a 722.

Oops, I put one card in on Saturday and the other today. I had trouble getting the card into the first receiver, so I didn't put that card in till now. So am I screwed now or what?
I wouldn't think it should make any difference.

Today it was a sandwich, yesterday - beer, tomorrow - ?

So, each new person getting new card(s) must inform us what he did that time of inserting it and what date/time it happened.
Preferably in new thread for easy separation of writer's habits. One request is to omit intimate details - the site is family friendly.

Yeah, and like many threads on this site, someone has to come into a thread like this and complain about what people are posting.

I, for one, find the posts in this thread helpful. Good to know most people are not having any issues with the cards, and how easy it is.

Welcome to our little group.

Satellite receivers use an encryption system to minimize theft of signal. The system is built into cards that slide into the receivers. Some receivers have their initial "card" built in to them.

Dish is sending out new cards, purple cards. They should all be out by the end of January, or March, depending upon who you listen to.

Some recently shipped receivers will not need the new purple cards. Dish will mail them out to you automatically. They will not send them out early. Millions of these cards must be shipped out, so they've got to do it over several months. You do not need to do anything. You will receive your card before the new system is activated.

My wife found mine in the mail that piled up in the front hallway while she was in Wisconsin. She stuffed it in my mitt last nite and I stuffed it into the 622 an hour ago. Everything went like clockwork and since I had an external harddrive nearly instantly I got the message about an external USB device so I did some housecleaning there until the stations came back on which only took 15 minutes.

The letter had pictures of both my 622 with card card stuck over it and my 211k where it said "No smart card is required for this receiver."

Even a tuna could do it.

So what is the purpose of this new card? My 622 doesn't even have one. Do I need to insert it like the older units and if I don't, what will happen?

Actually it come to a point of circling - ppl don't bother to read 10-20 posts on just one (!) page. :(

Why then ask here - just open a new thread with your question in a topic !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)