I just started installing?

IDspud

Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Idaho Falls, ID
Howdy y'all,
I just started with a local company and I am going to do installs for dish network and I was wondering what would be "good tools" to have without breaking the bank? I am finding that the more I look the more my options are, as far as signal finder/meters and toners and so on so fourth. I was also wondering where to get a carpet punch, the tool it's self sounds pretty straight forward but I cant seem to find one? Also is a torque wrench really needed? I guess I really would like to hear what you veterans have to say about this just due to the fact that this is all new stuff to me. Any help would be exellent! thanks everyone. :)

the torque wrench is great...for those days when you drop your other wrench two stories down into the snow...then you've got a backup.

"Hopefully you do your job correctly and well because I work for the RSP that usually fixes all retailer mishaps in that area. ;p" - Skibum

And I work for an RSP and have to fix other RSP employee "mishaps" !

What type of company would make you fix other peoples piss-poor work? Do they pay you to do so? How long have you been with them? Have they always made you clean up other's work? Where are these guys? I want to avoid them if necessary.

What type of company would make you fix other peoples piss-poor work? Do they pay you to do so? How long have you been with them? Have they always made you clean up other's work? Where are these guys? I want to avoid them if necessary.

Lol..these guys are all around you, they're some of your coworkers. I can tell you this - the RSP I work for has give or take about 100-115 "techs". There are literally about 2 or 3 guys that when I see their name as the last tech out on the workorder I know I'm gonna be in pretty good shape. I can tell you by tech which jobs I'll be fixing or re-doing.

"Hopefully you do your job correctly and well because I work for the RSP that usually fixes all retailer mishaps in that area. ;p" - Skibum

And I work for an RSP and have to fix other RSP employee "mishaps" !

And I am a retailer that does the final fix that actually makes the customer happy after all the RSP people have made a disaster out of the job. :) After you guys leave, the customer is more than happy to fork over good money to get it done the way he really wanted it done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts