I just want to say "I LOVE DIRECTV"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
I can't get over how much I love my directv. I am amazed everyday by my genie and the incredible capabilities it has. Who would have ever thought that you could record 5 shows at the same time? I absolutely LOVE our guide, I was at my dad's house visiting and playing with his fios, and I HATED the guide. I think our guide is sooo awesome, and being able to make the custom guide. I think our HD picture quality is absolutely stunning! I love love love having my H24 in my office and it is like I have my genie right there with the MVR. I love it so much I find I am watching t.v. 24/7 in my office and I don't even go now into my "big screen t.v." room where my genie is located. I know there can be some issues like rain outs/heavy cloud disturbance, ect..., but I have never been sooooo happy with a t.v. provider. I truly feel that time warner cable should be ashamed of themselves for the antiquated equipment/dvr's they make their customers use. I was at a friends house the other day and he had cable and his guide was the old "digital" or whatever you call it and I just LAUGHED AND LAUGHED, it literally was like looking at an old atari or pong machine. Well, I will stop rambling on, I just LOVE DIRECTV!!!

glad you enjoy it :)

I love my HR34 (Genie)
Who would have ever thought that you could record 5 shows at the same time?
and to think when I started 3+ years ago I thought it was cool to record two shows at once with my R15 ;)

Is the genie available now to current subs or still only available to new subs? And what would be involved to switch from two HR24 units to the genie? Would it involve any additional wiring? We are thinking about switching to the genie (when available) and would just like to know the logistics of making the switch. Any info would be appreciated.

The Genie has been available to current subs for over a year now. I got mine in Feb 2012

Genie requires SWM setup so you may have to change over if you have the older LNB setup

The Genie has been available to current subs for over a year now. I got mine in Feb 2012

Genie requires SWM setup so you may have to change over if you have the older LNB setup

It's been that long already!? Time flies when you're having fun lol

I don't have the Genie or a wireless setup. I may change that, starting with wireless at a yet-to-be determined point this year. When it comes to upgrading with DirecTV receivers, I do want to wait at least a couple more years, because I'm optimistic that the receivers are going to get even better in terms of recording capacity. It's of personally importance to me and how I use my DVRs.

I'm glad that you, directv newb, are enjoying the service. I've been with DirecTV since the late-1990s. I am appreciating that a good amount of basic cable channels were added the last year or so, in high definition, like Turner Classic Movies HD and BBC America HD. It's better now for me, personally. I take it a lot of subscribers are also pleased with that.

Thanks for the info Ice, I have the SWM setup so I should be good to go...for some reason I thought the genie was available only to new subs, but now that it is available to current subs, maybe I'll upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts