I Like Guns!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I already posted this in another thread of mine, but I think that it is so good, that I want to post it again so that everyone sees it. I apologize if it seems the wrong way to get the message out, but this guy (Steve Lee) from Australia has such an awesome song going here and I think that it demands our atttention if not our admiration. This is that good!

Please have a look-see at his YouTube video and let me know if you agree with his sentiments and if you think that he also has potential to be a great American Country singer. My favorite line is... "Cause I don't really get all the fuss, why they're trying to take the guns off of us, 'cause I ain't gonna shoot anyone and no one shoots me, 'cause I got a gun!"
Here it is:

youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

RADAR

P.S. This means a great deal to me as it is right in line with my thinking. Just copy and paste into your browser and add the http:///www. prefix

Last edited:
@ Radar,
Well, I know this isn't the place for this, but I've never been one to be "politically correct" (=wrong), so I'll chime in. I spotted a DH 1.2M prime on Craigslist yesterday. Ku dishes are hard to find around here, so my Wife and I took the 90 mile trip to Tucson today with the intention of snatching this little $25 beauty up. The bad news is, contrary to the sellers discription, the DH was junk; I didn't even bother to string it.
The good news is, we came home with a new addition; a Ruger LCP. I think that covers how I feel about your post.:up

Greg

@ Radar,
Well, I know this isn't the place for this, but I've never been one to be "politically correct" (=wrong), so I'll chime in. I spotted a DH 1.2M prime on Craigslist yesterday. Ku dishes are hard to find around here, so my Wife and I took the 90 mile trip to Tucson today with the intention of snatching this little $25 beauty up. The bad news is, contrary to the sellers discription, the DH was junk; I didn't even bother to string it.
The good news is, we came home with a new addition; a Ruger LCP. I think that covers how I feel about your post.:up

Greg

It certailnly does! Great score Greg! :up

RADAR

I'm with you on this (for the most part, see footnotes) and I suspect a fair lot of us here are as well.

It's a good song, in a manner of speaking*. Hearing it again has got it stuck in my head a little bit.

... potential to be a great American Country singer.

*There is no such thing as a great country singer. Or great country song. Or good**, even, despite my earlier remarks. :D

** Or tolerable. :D:p

I'm with you on this (for the most part, see footnotes) and I suspect a fair lot of us here are as well.

It's a good song, in a manner of speaking*. Hearing it again has got it stuck in my head a little bit.

*There is no such thing as a great country singer. Or great country song. Or good**, even, despite my earlier remarks. :D

** Or tolerable. :D:p

Downlink,

Your point is well taken, but I believe that you should broaden your musicical tastes. Music is highly important and I enjoy everything from AC/DC to ZZ Top and Alabama to Dwight Yokum and Bach to Yanni! There is a lot I don't like, but there is more that I do like. I just had to place this in here as a rebuttle.

However, in this case, it is the message of the song that is important, not the type of music. And, I see that you agree with it. Excellent.

RADAR

I agree as well. I'm Canadian and a member of the Canadian Forces (army). I love guns, I own many and also use many at work.

I am with you guys.

When I lived in England one stupid bad egg caused a gov knee jerk reaction and we all had to hand in our handguns and semi auto rifles. Now there are multiplcation of guns in the criminal world only. Please USA do not go down that route.
Interestingly Italy has recently passed a law to allow guns for personal protection. The first country in Europe and guess what their gun crime figures are down.

How nice in the States to own my John Wayne style Winchester!!

Gordy:

I like my guns too. And my free speech, and my dish array...:up:up

Damned straight!

If "they" take our guns away, they would take our other freedoms away, too. I may not be a mountain man, with guns galore and traps and a cabin in the mountains, but I dang sure know that if a terrorist were to get this far, he won't be getting any further, 'cause I got GUNS! :)

Gordy

I like guns too. I grew up with guns. Not weapons of destruction, but tools of necessity. We used them to hunt for food (nothing beats squirrel, gravy, and biscuits after church on Sunday), protection, to get rid of undesirable wild animals such as snakes, bobcats, etc..., and just to have fun shooting pop cans, etc...

We gained an understanding and respect for guns by seeing what they can do. We saw that when a bullet hit an animal that it was dead, and it wasn't getting back up like in video games. By 10 years old I was hunting, and I knew not to point a gun at anything I didn't want dead. The thing that kills me is that the people who want to pass laws taking guns away are people that probably have never even seen a gun up close.

Two thumbs up to Steve Lee :up:up for the song, and another one to Radar :up for telling us bout it.

-LoTech

I like guns too. I grew up with guns. Not weapons of destruction, but tools of necessity. We used them to hunt for food (nothing beats squirrel, gravy, and biscuits after church on Sunday), protection, to get rid of undesirable wild animals such as snakes, bobcats, etc..., and just to have fun shooting pop cans, etc...

We gained an understanding and respect for guns by seeing what they can do. We saw that when a bullet hit an animal that it was dead, and it wasn't getting back up like in video games. By 10 years old I was hunting, and I knew not to point a gun at anything I didn't want dead. The thing that kills me is that the people who want to pass laws taking guns away are people that probably have never even seen a gun up close.

Two thumbs up to Steve Lee :up:up for the song, and another one to Radar :up for telling us bout it.

-LoTech

You hit the nail on the head there, LoTech!

Anti-Gun people don't realize that guns are tools, just the same as Skil saws, screwdrivers and power drills. It is what you use them for that has given them a bad name, by misinformed people.

RADAR

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin

In the spirit of the thread, here's another by the same author:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

During the year Obama's been president, there's been an unprecidented expansion of gun rights. Go figure.

Never owned anything but a BB gun here. But I respect your right to own whatever gun you desire. I get a kick out of the grandkids when they hear a popping sound out here. They say grandpa "listen to the fireworks" I say nope them's guns kids.
They just look at me kinda funny. Blind

So do I. :D
An old saying I always liked I rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)